Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Move that Sofa!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM
  • 18 Replies

When was the last time you moved and cleaned under your soft?

What did you find?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2devin11005
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM

The other day.... found a lost sock, a couple random toys and a couple lost goldfish crackers.... I move my couch to vaccuum at least every other week if not every week

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM

every time i sweep, which is usually once a day. we have an open floor plan and a sectional. i just move them out of the way and sweep.

constantly finding toys under there. i swear one of these days i'm going to find a cat, like in grandma's boy. and i don't even have a cat.

Syphon
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Weekly.  All the furniture gets moved and cleaned under weekly.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I move it to sweep once a week or so. I usually find toys and crayons under there. 

madwifa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM

We have a oriental rug that sheds like crazy I always find rug bunnies under there. I do it once a week unless dh eats peanuts in the living room then it is daily. I find tons of peanut shells under there. I think he thinks he is at one of those bars you throw the shells on the floor.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM

It's been at least a week... Im scared to look... under the sofa is the cesspool of old snacks, socks and toys. DH usually gets to it a couple times a week, but we've been insanely crazy with other spring cleaning so... 

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM

The other day. Some socks, a clean diaper, a couople pieces of popcorn, dust bunnies, amillion cat toys. I clean under the couch maybe once a month, sometimes more often.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We got new carpet installed this past Thurs....so far nothing is under there. It sits low enough that hardly anything can get under it anyway.

We had wood floors before and the only thing under it was usually dust.

starfire59
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Just dust bunnies. No kids at home and hubby has his own man cave so he's not in the living room. He cleans his own man cave and I shudder to think what could be under his couch! lol!

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I clean under my sofa every time I clean. We have hardwood floors so I just slide the sofa out of my way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)