• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I was spoiled

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I was talking to one of my friends about high school and she laughed and said something about "you were so spoiled" really?

My freshman year after school every day I cooked dinner for my family, then went next door and babysat five kids.
My sophomore year my mom and I moved to a new state and my dad stayed where he was until he retired. So I got a job and helped mom. One week I got groceries, the next week she did. One month I paid the water bill and she paid the gas bill etc. If mom needed money I gave it to her. She lost her job and I made the house payment a few times.
When dad came home at the end of my sophomore year and got a job they got me a $2000 car (I never asked for it, it was a suprise).
My junior year I was still working but able to use my money for whatever I wanted as long as my car ins was paid. But if mom and needed help, I would help them.
Then in my junior year I was in a bad four wheeler accident. I had saved up about 800$. I was in the hospital for ten days and spent 6 mos in physical therapy. Mom had to cut her hours at work and was driving 80 miles a day to the hospital and back. I just gave her my checkbook and debit card.
My senior year once I was better I started working again and saving money. If I was going to the movies or something mom would hand me 20$. And my freshman year of college my parents didn't want me to work, so they sent me about 200$ a month.

And with all of that, apparently I was spoiled and my parents just handed me everything. Seems Legit right? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brebugmom91
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol. Sounds like she doesn't understand what all you did. I'd say your parents were spoiled. 

indymom72
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't you love when people try to tell you about your life? :)  It sounds to me like you had caring, supportive parents that brought up a smart, conscientious daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Nah they just knew I would help them out if they needed it. They always tried to repay me is whatever way they could.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Lol. Sounds like she doesn't understand what all you did. I'd say your parents were spoiled. 

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Your parents were spoiled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Good for you for being responsible!!! People like that irk me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Lol I know! It's like damn, my parents just handed me everything in the world. And I never worked and bought or earned anything on my own.

Quoting indymom72:

Don't you love when people try to tell you about your life? :)  It sounds to me like you had caring, supportive parents that brought up a smart, conscientious daughter.

brebugmom91
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM

You still did more than needed. I would never accept money from my kids, I'd tell them to put it away for college. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nah they just knew I would help them out if they needed it. They always tried to repay me is whatever way they could.

Quoting brebugmom91:

harpsichord
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
It's all relative.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

People called me spoiled too. I worked since the time I turned 16. I had to pay for EVERYTHING I wanted/needed. I helped my parents with the bills and such. The only thing they did was buy me a car and I was oh so spoiled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Eh. It's not a big deal to me really. I know it was very difficult for mom to ask me for money. But if I had it and the family needed it, then why wouldn't I help? Esp when it wad just me and mom. It would have been selfish for me to work and expect her to pay for all of our bills on her own, considering her and dad were supporting two households.

Quoting brebugmom91:

You still did more than needed. I would never accept money from my kids, I'd tell them to put it away for college. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brebugmom91:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)