Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Circ post confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

So, I'm a pretty "crunchy" mom. Very into AP, BF,C0-sleeping, etc,  living and parenting as naturally as I can.

My first born, my son, we had him circ'd when he was born, no problems whatsoever, healed fine, BF'd fine, no ill effects, did not even cry, I was there, he was given numbing cream and sugar water and was practically asleep for the procedure.

I have fealt confident for the past 2 years on the decision, and I still pretty much am. We had it done because DH is cut and we also looked into the possibilities of what could happen if we did not do it, I read horror stories of 12yo boys that were in-tact, getting horrible infections and having to be circ'd later in life, and I figured I'd rather "nip it in the bud" now VS him having to go through so much pain potentially later in life, even if it caused him pain as an infant, he would not remember the pain.

Luckily, my last child is female, so we did not have to go down that road.  But now I am thinking to having more kids, what if we have another boy, will I make the same decision? Part of me says, NO, you know better now, being in-tact RARELY causes complications like the ones I'm scared of my son going through, so why lop off part of my son's body? The other part of me thinks, Daddy, and my oldest son are cut, so if I have another son who is in-tact he will be the odd ball out, maybe have emotional trouble, maybe resentment to me later on in life for NOT doing it so he can be like daddy, his brother, and the other boys...

I know thats kind of silly, all of this over FUTURE children, and worrying about my child fitting in, VS cutting off a piece of their genitals right after birth, but its a REAL issue for me, I feel like since one son is already done, then I'm obligated to do it with any other son I have...

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
How often are men comparing penises?
I would do it. I just had a baby and he was circumcised . He's fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

My kids are not circumsized and their Daddy is-it's not an issue.  

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM
We have one son. I would do it again.

The one person I know who didn't circ already has dealt with smega pearl with her infant son. Ironic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM
If I was you and I had another boy I would circ. Just my opinion though.
audreesmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Check out Keeping Future Sons Intact on Facebook. You are not obligated to further alter your child. You are expected to do better when you learn better.
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM
It's too early for a can of worms for me.

You've obviously done your research. If you're undecided, leave him intact. If he wants to get cut later, do it. You can go from uncirc'd to circ'd pretty easy but the other way around is damned hard and not guaranteed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Some kid just died from a coircumcision. It is rare as hell-but it can happen.  Also look up complications of infant circumcision online-some ofthem are pretty horrific-and those are MORE common.  MOST common is things no one even knows are abnormal like the keritization of the head of the penis. The head of the penis should be very soft and smooth and slightly moist.  

And scarring and too much or too little removed-that is the result of doing it at such a young age. Like writing on a deflated balloon and expecting it to look good. Adult circumcisions have far better cosmetic results.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

mary841108
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Omfg another circ post I need more coffee
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My husband is cut, and insisted that our son be circ'd as well. I let him make that call, I am not and advocate for or against it. He did fine, my husband was in the room with him when it was done, and he was given a numbing shot, and slept through the whole thing. It didn't even seem to bother him while it was healing. We don't plan on having any more children, but if our birth control were to fail, and we had another boy, he would be circ'd as well. 

photo CrimsonRose01_zps0a3a54d8.png
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)