Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

McDonalds LIED about what's in their chicken sandwich

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

A judge has met privately with attorneys on a proposed $700,000 payment by McDonald's and a Michigan franchisee to settle a suit that says they falsely advertised food as being prepared according to Islamic law.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Kathleen Macdonald met behind closed doors Wednesday with attorneys to settle the suit filed on behalf of Dearborn Heights resident Ahmed Ahmed. A preliminary settlement would be shared by Ahmed, a Detroit health clinic, the Arab American National Museum and lawyers.

The suit says Ahmed bought a chicken sandwich in 2011 at a Dearborn McDonald's but found it wasn't halal — meaning it didn't meet Islamic food rules.

Another attorney who wants others to share in the settlement also has become involved.

A hearing has been scheduled for Monday.

See the article here

This doesn't surprise me. I bought a pizze from a well-known pizzeria, asked for cheese only, and they baked the pepperoni's UNDER the sauce. I just don't understand!!  If a person is allergic to tomatoes, or has a gluten allergy, people are always so sympathetic. But tell someone you have a dietary restriction due to islam, and it brings out the worst in people.

THOUGHTS ON THIS??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
So what is in their chicken?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

non halal meat.

Quoting Sept-babies2:

So what is in their chicken?

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this
I've never eaten a halal, what do they taste like?
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
So it was advertised as halal? How did he find out it wasn't?
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Halal just means it was prepared a certain way. Like kosher, it needs to be cleaned specific ways according to their beliefs.

Quoting AngryBob:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
This is dumb. Unless it said halal all over he should not rely on mcd employees to know this.

Edit - read it again and saw that it was advertised as being halal and it wasn't. That is messed up. It's like telling someone with a peanut allergy that there are no peanuts in a pb&j sandwich.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Op certainly gets easily confused. I'm still not sure what mcdonalds chicken not prepared in a halal way has to do with pizza. There are a million reasons as to why a pizza would have been given to her that way, but she has to make it sound like religious persecution. Oh well.

Quoting .ChiMama.:

Halal just means it was prepared a certain way. Like kosher, it needs to be cleaned specific ways according to their beliefs.

Quoting AngryBob:

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Duh it's McDonalds. Gimme a break.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

everybody lies about whats in their food. nothing new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured