Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What pisses me off Pa related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

My husband I both work. We have 2 kids. We would like more but know we can't afford it. 

My hubby is about to lose about $600-800 a month. He is a federal employee. 

I called around to see if we could get our bills lowered for 6 months. I was told no that they only offer help to low income.

Why can't the working class ever get a break?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Good question, wish I knew the answer.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

wow 600 to 800 a month is a huge amount!  All I can say is its time to really live thrifty. 

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It's the awful design of the country.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Working on that. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

wow 600 to 800 a month is a huge amount!  All I can say is its time to really live thrifty. 

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I'm sorry =( It's really not fair the way things are. You think they would reward you for trying. Big hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on PA...............only because we went from working/middle class to poor pretty darn fast beause no one wanted/could help us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
and you wont be considered low income with that decrease?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I wonder that too either your full out poor and get everything handed to you or you're so damned rich it doesn't matter anyway. You get breaks either way. But someone like us in the middle we get shit on every single time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Im not even asking for a lot. just a little help for 6 months. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder that too either your full out poor and get everything handed to you or you're so damned rich it doesn't matter anyway. You get breaks either way. But someone like us in the middle we get shit on every single time.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My husband lost his overtime hours 5 years ago and it changed us forever. We worked real hard to get rid of all debt. The only bills we owe are monthly bills. Sometimes I admit i would like a nice big house, or a shiny new car.. But losing that overtime was a shock to us and woke us up to realize that we can get that stuff but we need to be smarter about it. Savings account and investments are way more important because they weather you threw storms like this one. Now that he has his hours back we save all that extra money we used to just throw out the window. I hope your experience can change you positively like it did us.

*disclaimer  I'm not lecturing just sharing my experience. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Working on that. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)