• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grieving miscarriages...(title change)

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 44 Replies
4 moms liked this
If a woman wants to buy a headstone, bury an empty casket, and get an obituary for her miscarriage...it is her prerogative to do so. If you didn't deal with your miscarriage that way, that is your own right.

I am tired of seeing women put down other women because they think they are exaggerating their losses.

A miscarriage is painful and we all grieve differently. How about we stop judging others for their method and just let them be?

Maybe a woman's miscarriage is the closest they will ever come to having a child of their own. Think about that before you spew your insensitive words at grieving women.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Bump
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Stirring the pot much?

The other post wasn't started for woman to come and grieve and was a Q&A post and some people posted honestly about their opinions. This is not a loss an support group, if you can't handle others opinions don't open threads with sensitive topics.
EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
It is a general statement. Have respect for how others deal with their losses. That is what this post is about.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Stirring the pot much?

The other post wasn't started for woman to come and grieve and was a Q&A post and some people posted honestly about their opinions. This is not a loss an support group, if you can't handle others opinions don't open threads with sensitive topics.
Mom_to_Lincoln
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I have had two so I know the pain. You don't know how it feels until you have one yourself. I know that after 7 years of TTC and finally getting a positive test just to have a miscarriage a few weeks later is one of the worse feelings in the world. I did not get a headstone but I did grieve for a while and I still think about what could have been with the babies I have lost. I even wrote a poem about it.

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My point is that if you had gone to the extreme to commemorate your loss, it is your right and others should respect that. I am sorry for your loss. It isn't easy to lose something you wanted so badly.

Quoting Mom_to_Lincoln:

I have had two so I know the pain. You don't know how it feels until you have one yourself. I know that after 7 years of TTC and finally getting a positive test just to have a miscarriage a few weeks later is one of the worse feelings in the world. I did not get a headstone but I did grieve for a while and I still think about what could have been with the babies I have lost. I even wrote a poem about it.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I've only had 1 miscarriage but 1 too many. I know how much pain it causes. I even have a tattoo in honor of my baby that I lost. Oh yeah, still me forgot to say that I named my miscarried baby too. 

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Hugs. I am sorry for your loss.

Quoting AF2011:

I've only had 1 miscarriage but 1 too many. I know how much pain it causes. I even have a tattoo in honor of my baby that I lost. Oh yeah, still me forgot to say that I named my miscarried baby too. 

method209
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I agree 100%.  Why does anyone care how someone else grieves?  If you don't feel comfortable with how they are grieving then leave them alone, you weren't much of a friend to began with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

This is really sad. I know every thing on this site gets bashed, but when you start noticing women who lost babies or miscarried getting bashed...this is just sad. Since when has this ever been okay? Ever? Why are people coming in to posts and saying things like "Well, I know *I* wouldn't be doing this or that after losing my child." or telling people they are acting too whiny about it, or not acting enough....I mean, wtf? How stupid do you have to be?

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)