Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

don't bash those on pa

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
6 moms liked this
In college I was bashed for being on pa. I worked part time and received fs, wic and medicaid. My bf had lost is full time job and we hit hard times. I suggest he go back to school and just find a part time job. People on both sides of our family insulted us. Told us to quit college and get real jobs. That we had a responsibility to our child and they (family) shouldn't have to pay for my kid.
Within two years my bf had got two promotions and a four dollar raise with an associates. We no longer qualified fs. Three years after that he received his MBA and got a full time job. No more wic or medicaid. Two more years and I received my doctorates. During that time we had two more kids. One a norplant fail, the other a depo fail.
We probably looked like the stereotypical "welfare" family. We now make around 150k a year.
Now some of the same people who bashed and insulted us are on pa
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
That is just amazing for you and your family, congratulations! Oh sweet karma!
I'm trying to do the same, but I have 2 kids and 7 1/2 months pregnant, as soon as I have this baby I'm going to try to do online classes because daycare would cost me more than what I could make, and hopefully get some kind of an education under my belt...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Eh. You miked the system for 7yrs.
Imagine if it hadn't been there. Collage is a luxary that PA allowed you to have.

Congrats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
What are you going for? Sometimes looking for a career in which you can get a cert. with an associates goes a long way. For me I got my pharmacy tech certification while working towards my doctorates in pharmacy.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is just amazing for you and your family, congratulations! Oh sweet karma!

I'm trying to do the same, but I have 2 kids and 7 1/2 months pregnant, as soon as I have this baby I'm going to try to do online classes because daycare would cost me more than what I could make, and hopefully get some kind of an education under my belt...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this
So he went from a Associates, to a Masters and you went from a Bachelors to a doctorate?
And between an MBA and a doctorates you two only bring in $150k?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Actually we were off fs in two years and completely off in five. We would have been off sooner but had a norplant and depo fail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh. You miked the system for 7yrs.

Imagine if it hadn't been there. Collage is a luxary that PA allowed you to have.

Congrats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I work part time and make 57k a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

So he went from a Associates, to a Masters and you went from a Bachelors to a doctorate?

And between an MBA and a doctorates you two only bring in $150k?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
6 moms liked this
This post is so not written by someone with a doctorate degree.
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Regardless of your outcome, it shouldnt be the governments job to support you and your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
What is your degree in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My strong points are chemistry and math. I hate using this touch screen keyboard.

Quoting Anonymous:

This post is so not written by someone with a doctorate degree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)