Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

6 years ago, I was with an amazing man we were great together We were engaged but we had a huge fight a broke up. The next night, I went out with my girlfriends and ended up running into my ex. In a drunken night of stupidity, we hooked up. Yes we used a condom but it broke. A couple days later my fiance (well I guess at the time, ex fiance) called and said he wanted to get back together. We worked it out and things were great. I didn't tell him about hooking up with my ex because I figured what I did while we were broken up was none of his business. We were happy but about 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant.

4 days before we had broken up, I had to go on a antibiotic which no one informed me, would make my birth control not work. Me and my boyfriend never used condoms, we just relied on my birth control and we had sex everday before the day we broke up.

When I told my then fiance about the baby, I was planning on telling him about my ex too but he was so excited about the baby, I knew he would be so hurt and I knew the likelihood of the other guy being the father was so low that I just didn't tell him. We got married (we were engaged anyway, we just set the wedding for the next month). Our DD is 5 now and I still don't know for sure. She looks exactly like me, she has my blood type I never told the other guy about her. We are happy though, my DH loves her, she is daddy's little girl, we have a 3 year old little boy and a baby on the way (I have never had sex with anyone else since so there is no doubt in my mind about the other two). 

Bash away but I still think I did the right thing in not telling him.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

BUMP!

LoveyCakes
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you did the right thing too. A sperm doner doesn't make a father, it's the person who puts in the time and love that makes the parent!

AubreesMommy513
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Maury time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest call Maury. Well, actually Steve Wilkos does the DNA testing too. I think that the bio father deserves to know he has a daughter. The daughter also deserves to know who her bio dad is. The truth will come out sooner or later. Might as well tell the truth now because it doesn't bit you in the butt later on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally I think that you did the right thing. That is a secret that you take to the grave. I would not be selfish and ruin my childs life and my dh over my mistake. I am not one to bash everyone makes mistakes. Congrats on your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats not true it may never come out. She is not sure if her dh is the dad or not. Once you are married the child is persumed to be your husbands.

Quoting AF2011:

I would suggest call Maury. Well, actually Steve Wilkos does the DNA testing too. I think that the bio father deserves to know he has a daughter. The daughter also deserves to know who her bio dad is. The truth will come out sooner or later. Might as well tell the truth now because it doesn't bit you in the butt later on.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

You did wrong, but keeping this secret is in the best intrest of your children. It won't make it any easier to live with yourself though....

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Let's just say the child gets sick (God forbid) and the doctors need the medical history of the dad's side of the family. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats not true it may never come out. She is not sure if her dh is the dad or not. Once you are married the child is persumed to be your husbands.

Quoting AF2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
The timing sounds off. Just saying. It's a low low low chance it would be the other guys.

I normally don't agree with not telling. But five years later? Yeah that would ruin your child's life as well as his.

You should have been woman enough to own up to it when it happened. One day it will come out. Things like this do. I hope you can handle it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)