• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Educational credit on your return? You're out of luck. H&R block Facebook response!!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 40 Replies

If you have the educational credit you are basically out of luck. I just called my tax preparer and they said it could be another 2 months before our taxes are done being processed because of the educationsl credit. Yippee since I have to link the IRS return to fafsa which I can't do until they are done processing. Way to go IRS!!!!!!!!!

Here is a statement from h&r block website:
H&R Block has confirmed with the IRS that there was an issue with certain tax returns filed before February 22, 2013 that included certain education tax credits claimed on Form 8863. We have worked with the IRS to expedite a solution to this issue for all of our affected clients.
If you received this letter of notice requesting additional information for Form 8863 and already responded to the IRS, or have not received a notification to date, there is no additional action needed at this time.

For those clients who have received notification from the IRS and have yet to respond, please call your local H&R Block office or 800-HRBLOCK. The office or customer service agent will be able to better serve you and provide next steps.

For those clients who received the IRS notice regarding form 8863 that said it would take 6-8 week to receive a refund after this issue was resolved, we are assured it will not take that long. We continue to work with the IRS and as we have more specifics on timing and any other updated information, we will share it with our clients.

H&R Block appreciates that this issue may cause problems for our clients. We will continue to update clients as more information becomes available. We thank clients for their patience while we work with the IRS to expedite the filing process on their behalf.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anglgrl03
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
We just got our return last week and we had an education credit. you can input the info into your fafsa if you need it done before your return is approved. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Who is your tax preparer? H&R block did ours, and told us to come back to finish up. We already got our return.
jesusismyfriend
by Love All on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My fafsa is done. But my school is making everyone link the IRS data retrieval to fafsa. I can't do that because its still being processed.

Quoting anglgrl03:

We just got our return last week and we had an education credit. you can input the info into your fafsa if you need it done before your return is approved. GL

jesusismyfriend
by Love All on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
That's who did outs. Same preparer every year.

Quoting AngryBob:

Who is your tax preparer? H&R block did ours, and told us to come back to finish up. We already got our return.

mhaney03
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I got mine with the credit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
That's not true. I had educational credits and already got my refund.
slashteddy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Fuck.
kris1stbaby
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Ours went in on the 14th and got it back last week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I have the education credit and They said I should have it by next Thursday. I hope that's true.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
That's weird. I'm always afraid they're going to mess it up. We are both indeoendant contractors through a company, so I don't know how to do the taxes, otherwise I'd be doing it for us myself. But they have that guarantee, so if they mess up it's their problem, not mine.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

That's who did outs. Same preparer every year.

Quoting AngryBob:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)