• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Ok ladiea I'm a stay at home mom which I love because I'm here for my youngest all day and then my older son when he gets out of school.

I do all the cooking cleaning help with homework get the kids bathed and in bed on time. dad doesn't do anything when he gets home except tell me I haven't dine enough. I don't see how I haven't! the hours is clean he has a warm meal to come home to and when he's here he still doesn't help out. I do all if this plus grocery shpopping all the kids appointments and im trying to make my home business It Works worI.

what am I missing that I'm not doing. it's frustrating and when I try and talk to him I get yelled at and told I'm lazy. wtf!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
I seriously love my job. Working on everything else in my life to line up with my job :)
Wednesday at 4:22 PM
by Petty Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

i won't be soon :)

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Really don't do anything. I hate men like that. I would have to put him in his place =D

nazgor
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I miss working. I quit my job in October when I got hurt and they didn't care what the dr said.

for now, I'll focus in finishing my BS in a year.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
What an ass!!!!!! If talking to him won't work...stop doing shit for him. He'll understand pretty quickly just how much you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Sounds like he's just an ass. I do half of that and when my SO gets home from work he puts DD down for a nap so I can relax and he cleans up after dinner. You're doing plenty. Tell him to shove it. 

robyann
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I doubt it has anything to do with what you do or don't do. He sounds like the type who will complain no matter what. 

Maybe try to write every single thing you do down for 1 week, everything, every phone call about the kids appts, every trip to the store big or small, every load of laundry, every time you vacuum, sweep, make the bed, EVERYTHING....

At the end of the week, when he says your lazy hand him your list! 

Pink.Sunshine
I seriously love my job. Working on everything else in my life to line up with my job :)
Wednesday at 4:22 PM
by Petty Princess on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I have an interview next week, I gotta ace it, it's good money ;)

Quoting nazgor:

I miss working. I quit my job in October when I got hurt and they didn't care what the dr said.

for now, I'll focus in finishing my BS in a year.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Hilary799
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I agree

Quoting Snapdragon88:

What an ass!!!!!! If talking to him won't work...stop doing shit for him. He'll understand pretty quickly just how much you do.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

You just need to let his comments blow by a couple times and he will stop. My husband pays me to do the extras, cooking,cleaning, and laundry. So in the beginning he felt he had the right to come home and white glove it. I used to get so freaking stressed out  half hour before he came home. O.O

When we were in couples counseling it was something I brought up and the counselor said "why do you let his nitpicking bother you? Is it going to make you do your job differently?" And ever since then my attitude about it has changed. I do what I feel needs to be done. he trusted me to do just that and he can like it or I will happily go back to work. It was simple really. he hasn't complained in over 4 years. He actually is grateful now.

Photo: -Randi.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

sounds like my husband.... sorry :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)