Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working for free......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

my job is about to hit a strike. oh noes.

we are a hotel. under a new management coompany. right now we are owed 2 weeks and 3 days of pay. the checks were supposed to be in yesterday. they werent. SOME came today, but 4 didnt, and the rest the hours are wrong. my check was 40 cents.

yes, 40 cents. for 95 hours of work.

a housekeeper just quit. we are a full house.

we have a good team here luckily, we are holding up and working together, but holy shit. the manager and ass manager are not here at night, or on weekends. i run this place at night and on weekends. im afraid if this doesnt get fixed today or tommorrow, we will lose more workers, putting me at even more hours. that im not getting paid for.

i love my job, but holy fucking shit ya'll.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

im telling myself to breathe. its date night with df. as long as the night shift worker doesnt quit.

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I would find a way to get a hold of them. If they do the checks in house they better wake up whoever does them and get you the right checks. If they go through a payroll company you may not get anything until Monday at which point they need to do live checks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

its a company. they get mailed to us. he will write us checks, but its for 1 week only, not 2 weeks and 3 days.

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

I would find a way to get a hold of them. If they do the checks in house they better wake up whoever does them and get you the right checks. If they go through a payroll company you may not get anything until Monday at which point they need to do live checks.

Hilary799
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Get a hold of somebody ASAP!!! Plus, everything else Mom2Phoenix2011 said! I'm praying for you!!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I would go to the manager or call them at home and tell thme YOU need you money NOW or you will be leaving also.....smdh

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Im sorry ... this happened to me before when I worked at a restaurant.. the manager didn't pay us for a month... the business went under during that time... all of us had to take her to court in order to get paid... it sucked...
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
They have to write it for the full amount due. Employers are required to pay with in 72 hours of pay date the amount owed for work rendered. I just stopped working for a payroll company to be a stay at home mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

its a company. they get mailed to us. he will write us checks, but its for 1 week only, not 2 weeks and 3 days.

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

lnrmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Call the manager at home. That is their job to fix. Make them fix it.

Butterfly1108
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Just keep a record of everything in case you have to go to court. GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)