• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it when kids or dh is sick they get cared for but....updated went to dr this morning!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
When the mom is sick im told by dh to suck it up? And then leaves me home alone with kids to go cut fire wood for his parents? I have a 102 fever, my body aches, throat hurts and the worst migrane ever. He told me, I told them I would help them... hello I need you to help me. Ugh thanks dh for choosing yoyr family over me your wife.

Update... so dh got home nd was all pissy, until I told him he bailed on me for his parents when I needed his help with our children here. He apologized and took over kid duty so I could take a relaxing bath. Though the night was good, until he invited his brother over! Ugh my house is a wreck I feel like shit and you invite people over to entertain. I asked him to stop at walgreens next to the pizza shop he had gone to to get dinner for some other meds he said ok.... did he stop nope but he sure had enough time to get beer from the gas station. Ugh how do you get them to understand? Im so over it today

Sunday update... went to dr I have strep throat, oh what fun. And guess who felt incredibly bad for yesterday, yup dh did! He thought I was just tired and had a bad cold. So he did everthing today. Thank goodness for the walkin clinic being open my throat was on fire this morning. Hoping to be on the mend tomorrow
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Because we're the Mom. Sorry that happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
that sucks.
my husband takes good care of me when im sick.
lnr187
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM

men are assholes sometimes. hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Alot of men seem to be unable to feel or show empathy. They just don't get that they should be the one helping. They see that your sick, but their place isn't the caregiver. I worry about this myself. Wonder how it'll be when we're old, what if I need him to care for me, I just don't see that ever happening. I guess we can hope he's the one who needs cared for then we'll be ok. I am hoping my kids will take care of me when I'm old and needhelp.

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I don't know, I don't have that problem. My husband would tell me to sit my rear on the couch and yell at me if I get up.

christina0607
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Because they're children...and you're an adult.

Honestly I don't understand adults that need t be coddled. It's one thing to have a debilitating illness or disease...but you have a virus. I would tell you to suck it up too. 

funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Because women are so much stronger than men.  That's his way of admitting that he knows it.  We can handle anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I feel you momma. My dh tells me im SAHM and that it is my job to take care of everything even when im sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

You have a crappy husband. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Oh that stinks sorry your sick and alone. I'm always the one to get sick last by the time it hits me everyone else is all better so dh takes good care of me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)