Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft and vomiting?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I've been on it for 2 months. 3 weeks ago my dosage was increased and suddenly an hour after taking it I vomit. I've also had horrid headaches.

I've also been much more emotional, which is understandable since I've been vomiting the Zoloft.

anyone else experience this?! I see my psychiatrist on Friday. I will call him Monday. I thought the first few times may have been a fluke, but now I see it isn't.

eta: I only started vomiting a week ago. not 3 weeks ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
thats not good. thats something that needs to be reported like... 3 weeks ago...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
it didn't start 3 weeks ago, only about a week ago, the vomiting that is.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats not good. thats something that needs to be reported like... 3 weeks ago...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
bump
Mcelly
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I take it at night right before bed. I have not vomited from it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I have never vomited, but I did have diarrhea for the first few days I started it, and at each dose increase. I take it in the evening because I've been told it makes you tired and that way it will work for me and not against me. I take 150 mg. 

i wonder if it is too high of a dose for you? Or if another drug is interacting with it. Also, having grapefruit juice will make the med more potent. Have you read up on serotonin syndrome?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I haven't taken anything else...

and no, I haven't read about but I will now.

I was at 50 mg and it was working slightly. he increased to 100 mg and I was fine for a while. I had headaches and nausea with the first dose, but it went away after a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never vomited, but I did have diarrhea for the first few days I started it, and at each dose increase. I take it in the evening because I've been told it makes you tired and that way it will work for me and not against me. I take 150 mg. 

i wonder if it is too high of a dose for you? Or if another drug is interacting with it. Also, having grapefruit juice will make the med more potent. Have you read up on serotonin syndrome?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM
he told me to take it in the am. I was taking it at 1 pm then switched to 8 am. maybe I should try at night...

Quoting Mcelly:

I take it at night right before bed. I have not vomited from it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)