Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be alarmed?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 24 Replies

My DD(5) has been complaining of weird things happening over the last three weeks, occurring more frequently over time. It started with her saying how tired she was and that she was falling asleep on the bus to school. Then she started telling me "my head thinks it's dreaming" with a spaced out, loopy kinda look on her face. One morning she woke up and came down stairs saying she was blind. She wasn't blind because she was looking at me but after getting her to explain herself as best she could it sounds like she either can't focus or that everything is getting dark/fuzzy. She told me she walked into a wall and then into her brother's bedroom (she meant to go down stairs). She's complaining a lot of dizziness in the morning too. She just had her eyes checked about 2 months ago and her vision is 20/30. She is also a very literal kid....not ever known to make up stories like this. I thought maybe daydreaming at first but it's a physical thing going on with her. I took her to her pedi yesterday and she ordered a bunch of bloodwork and an MRI (Monday). We haven't gotten any results from the bloodwork yet. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but she never complains about anything unless she's in the middle of a nasty cold/flu. Would you be concerned? 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and would have taken the child to the doctor like you did.

(((HUGS))) ......I hope they find the problem very soon

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I would have takin mine to doctors also hope all turns out ok 4 you 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM

YES! I would be concerned

imultracool
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I would be but I'm a worrier. Try not to get worked up! I know that's easier said than done. Let us know how it goes. Ill be praying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaysMom06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yes, I would be very concerned

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Sassy762:

Yes and would have taken the child to the doctor like you did.

(((HUGS))) ......I hope they find the problem very soon

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Of course I wouldbe concerned. It's a mother's job to worry about every little thing, isn't it?

Has her blood pressure been checked? That can cause vertigo, vision loss, and fatigue.
nurse1997
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yes Yes Yes  get  down to the bottom of this   see 3 doctors if you need too this does not sound normal !!!!

KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I would be concerned. You did the right thing taking her to the doctor. Good luck.
robyann
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Yes I'd be concerned. You are doing the right thing taking her to the dr. Hope you get to the bottom of these symptoms soon. Don't let your mind wander and DON"T search it on the internet, lol, that'll just make you worry more. It's probably not something crazy like you'd find online. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)