Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me! *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Edit:
I dont think I explained myself very well in the op. So I will try again..

I don't have an issue getting her to sleep anymore. It's more that I don't think the sleep she gets is good enough. She rolls and flops and wakes up off and on ALL night. If I sleep with her I wake up with bruises she flops so bad.
She wakes up in the morning when she is still tired and will not go back to bed. I know she's tired. And she is GRUMPY. I've tried evrythinf, warm milk, baths, quiet time, spanking,talking, laying down with her, byndryl etc. We have changed bed times and nap times... It doesn't work.
She is sooo grumpy and very very difficult. I know if she would sleep better she would be a different kid. I've tried to talk to her ped and he said he's not worried about it. He suggested byndryl and said she will sleep if she's tired.

Last night she went to bed at 8. She fell asleep as soon as I laid her down. She woke up at 5 and was still sleepy. By 6 she was just awful and laying on me, clinging, but would not go to sleep. It's been a battle all day. She' was tired and grumpy all day. She finally fell asleep around 11 and was up at 12:30 and it just started all over again. It's exhausting. I know she is tired. I just wish she would STAY asleep and get better sleep.

My dd (3 yrs) has ALWAYS fought sleep. Literally the day she was born, she would almost fall asleep and shake her little head to head stay awake. She would wake her self up when she was a baby. She still does it now. She wakes up at 5:30 like clock work and I KNOW she is still tired but she will not go back to sleep. I've tried putting her back to bed, putting her in bed with me, letting her stay for a bit then laying her down. It's just a huge freaking battle. And she's so sleepy and sooo grumpy. Usually by 8 I just put her in her room and shut the door and she screams herself to sleep. I've talked to her, I take things away. We are very consistent with that. I've tried spanking. But this child will not go back to bed. I'm considering strapping her to the bed lol. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't sooooo grumpy. I know she's sleepy. I've tried keeping her up later and she still wakes up and is even more grumpy.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Maybe talk to her Dr? That would drive me crazy too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2.5girls
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Talk to her Dr about melatonin maybe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I have brought it up before and he always said she's just very strong willed (which is insanely true), I'm thinking I might find her a new ped.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Idk. I really don't think she sleeps well. When I've slept with her in my bed she just rolls and flops and kicks allll night, I wake up with bruises.

Quoting momof2.5girls:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Go get some melatonin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Yeah, that would be what the melatonin would take care of.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk. I really don't think she sleeps well. When I've slept with her in my bed she just rolls and flops and kicks allll night, I wake up with bruises.

Quoting momof2.5girls:

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Yeah my 5 year old is very strong willed but he doesn't fight sleep like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have brought it up before and he always said she's just very strong willed (which is insanely true), I'm thinking I might find her a new ped.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahbsquare
by gralexmommy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

make her go to sleep earlier and help her balance out her sleep since she can't do it herself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM
She goes to bed at between 7 and 8

Quoting sarahbsquare:

make her go to sleep earlier and help her balance out her sleep since she can't do it herself

sarahbsquare
by gralexmommy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

may she needs to run around more and trully get tired and that may help her

Quoting Anonymous:

She goes to bed at between 7 and 8

Quoting sarahbsquare:

Grady Matthew *3*
Alexander Gene *9 Months*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)