Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
You're watching your child in a 2 hour karate class. The studio has bench seating all down the studio for the parents. Many parents are standing because other parents put their kids bags and coats on the bench instead of in the supplied cubbies and have left so you can't ask them to move it. If their stuff was in the cubbies there'd be plenty of seating for every parent.

Do you .....

suck it up and stand?

move their stuff and sit?

Is it rude to move their stuff?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allabout11708
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I would politely ask them to move their stuff. If they didn't I would say something to the instructors after the class so they could address the group as a whole for the next class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

It's not rude at all.

This happens all the time at my sons indoor baseball practices. Sometimes I prefer to stand because I like to move aorund(we sit behind glass and I move when he moves onto a different location) and sometimes I move the stuff.

I think a lot of time people are just so occupied with getting the kids stated and ready that they don't think of  where they have left their stuff. 

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I don't touch other peoples things. If they are there, I ask them to move it, or I would ask the child.

Hilary799
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Say something to the instructors. Also, you might just try asking, some of them have no problem moving their things. I always tried to keep my kids stuff out of the way.

Lizardannie1966
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I would make a point of talking to the owner of the studio or whomever teaches the class and just ask if they can make an announcement about it at the start/end of the next class.

There are many who just do not seem to feel that rules apply to them. Plus, common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past in many situations anymore.

nurse1997
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Move the stuff

40sandPreg
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Move their stuff.  It's a bench not a purse/bag storage.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Ask the manager or instructor to move the stuff.....OR accidentally let it fall to the floor, lol

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Lol your reply made me giggle.

And I have no clue why I'm coming up anonymous.

Quoting Sassy762:

Ask the manager or instructor to move the stuff.....OR accidentally let it fall to the floor, lol

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

YOU clicked on the ANON button feature, lol....

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol your reply made me giggle.

And I have no clue why I'm coming up anonymous.

Quoting Sassy762:

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)