• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out a friend of mine was arrested for raping a 9 year old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I just got home from the hospital with my new son and went to post some pictures on FB. I opened it up and the first thing on my news feed is a news story about a man being arrested for raping a 9 year old little girl and the picture was a friend of mine. I am soo sick and shocked right now. I can't wrap my head around that this is real and that he did something like that. I hate myself for being friends with someone like that, especially since I was raped as a teenager. He also has 2 little girls, how can anybody, let alone a father rape a little girl. I am really cautious around guys because of what happened to me and now it scares me that I became friends with somebody that did this. I don't understand how I couldn't have seen who he really was. I am an awful, horrible person.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

They are the best liars in the world.......unless you are psychic how would you have known???

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Don't blame yourself. Many times rapist don't look like creeps. They are the best at lying and keeping a secret. You aren't an aweful person unless you knew it went on and didnt do anything about it.... Which you didn't. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pbjtime87
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
It's understandable why you feel this way. As a mother, as a past victim yourself... Luckily he's been caught and tried for his heinous crime... People like him are good at pretending to be normal. No one can blame you for being friends wih him because he made himself out to be a good guy...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

One of my best friends from high school was convicted of fondling 4 of his 4th grade students, it is impossible to see inside some one's head. I know I questioned my character judgement after that hit the news.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)