Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got a 10 day shut off notice....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

For my gas. That I pay every single month. Wtf lol. So I checked my my bank account and last bill just to make sure, yep the money definitely came out. I called the automated line and there is no past due amount on my account. AND the amount on the letter doesn't even match what my bill was. Wtf is going on? Of course I can't talk to anybody in person until tomorrow, ugh. Could it be that they got the address wrong? And doesn't your bill have to be like 3 months late to get turned off? LOL, that was surely a surprise this morning!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Call them first thing monday morning....it may be a computer glitch

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Our water bill is due on the 10th. If you don't pay it then you get a nice red bill 2 days later saying its getting shut off on the 20th.

I usually forget about the water bill until its almost late or late bc it's the only bill I can't pay online

I'd call and get it straightened out tomorrow. You have proof so I wouldn't worry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahbsquare
by gralexmommy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

i bet nothing more annoying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I have no idea we have propane for our stove and oil for our heat so here is a bump.
JLS2388
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, it sounds like they just got the wrong address. Call them when they are open and I am sure it will all get sorted out. They can't legally shut off your gas if you have paid

cLanief
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM
What a bunch of crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Our water bill is due on the 10th. If you don't pay it then you get a nice red bill 2 days later saying its getting shut off on the 20th.

I usually forget about the water bill until its almost late or late bc it's the only bill I can't pay online

I'd call and get it straightened out tomorrow. You have proof so I wouldn't worry.

You should see if you can pay through your bank account, I can't pay my water or sewage through a website, but I can do it online through my bank with an echeck with just their name and my account number- it makes it sooo much easier! I'd swear none of my bills would get paid if I had to deal with papers and checks all the time- nobody has time for that! HAHA!

Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Here, they don't have to and don't let you get even a mth behind. You don't pay when it's due, they shut you off in 9 days. You can call and ask for an extension or payment plan, but if you don't you're getting disconnected. There is no paying past due amounts next mth. If you miss an extension payment deadline, you no longer are granted that option. They do it for the money, BC it's a $50 reconnect fee everytime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting JLS2388:

Yes, it sounds like they just got the wrong address. Call them when they are open and I am sure it will all get sorted out. They can't legally shut off your gas if you have paid

I'll feel super bad if its the wrong address and somebody else has no clue their heat is about to be shut off :0

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)