Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk about SEX!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Ladies, I need your help with sex. If talking about it makes you uncomfortable, this is not the post for you...

So, my hubby and I have been married for almost 6 years (together for almost 7). We have two girlies, 4 and 5, and we both have careers. Between work and kids, our sex life has decreased. I mean, we still do it a few times a week, but the intimacy isn't like it used to be. We are both tired, and usually try to make it quick. I want to spice up our sex life, but I really don't know where to start.

I feel like my hubby sees me as "wife and mom," but how to I make him see me as a woman again? When we do have sex it's good, but I want to make it GRRREEEAAATTT!!!!!! Are there any good books that might help, or do you have advice you can share? Also, I'll be 23 in a few weeks and my hubby is 26 - I'm embaressed because I feel I'm too young to be asking advice about this (most girls my age have no problems in this department) but you know how the wife and mom job can take its toll on someone.

So....let's talk about sex!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Buy a costume (school, girl, cheerleader, naughty nurse, you get the idea) and dress up for him.  Play out a fantasy.  3wishes.com is a good place to find sexy out fits and toys.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Baby oil, candles, Barry White, outfits, close your eyes and let him whisper in your ear what he's going to do before he actually starts, or you whisper to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Get sexy clothes, fish net stockings. Get on top[my dh loves that more then anything else.

renner450
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Let's talk about sex Baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be, let's talk about sex!
BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Have you tried getting yourself a make-over. Not like FULL make-over but maybe new hair and new style look? Do you work out? Do you do your keigles?

renner450
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
KY jelly his and hers lube in the blue and purple tubes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Too early for this convo lol
psych_mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I actually just read a great book on this, it is a Christian book of all things, but it was fantastic. It is for my sexuality counseling class in college. It is called "The Gift of Sex" and it is by Clifford and Joyce Penner. It gives some great advice on spicing it up in the bedroom. I have to be honest, my brain is on overload, or I could tell you more, but I had to write a summary on this book for a 15 page final paper and I am about to begin another 10 page paper on PTSD in abused women, so I am changing gears. Check it out, even if you aren't a Christian, there is some great stuff in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I just started a diet and working out. So far I've lost 10lbs. 10 more and I'll be good. I've mentioned a makeover to him and he objects because he likes the way I loom...

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Have you tried getting yourself a make-over. Not like FULL make-over but maybe new hair and new style look? Do you work out? Do you do your keigles?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I will def. check into it. Thanks and good luck with your paper!

Quoting psych_mom:

I actually just read a great book on this, it is a Christian book of all things, but it was fantastic. It is for my sexuality counseling class in college. It is called "The Gift of Sex" and it is by Clifford and Joyce Penner. It gives some great advice on spicing it up in the bedroom. I have to be honest, my brain is on overload, or I could tell you more, but I had to write a summary on this book for a 15 page final paper and I am about to begin another 10 page paper on PTSD in abused women, so I am changing gears. Check it out, even if you aren't a Christian, there is some great stuff in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)