Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Just Randomly Came Up To Me And Asked Me Out..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

This guy I had never met or seen before randomly came up to me on the street. Here is our convo:

Him: Hey! What's your name?

Me: *tells him my name*

Him: Well I was wondering if I could get your number sometime so we can go on a date?

Me: No thanks. I am not looking to date anyone right now.

He turned red and walked away.

I turned him down because I really am not looking to date right now. But also because if he is walking up to ME on the street, some random woman he doesn't even know, who else is he doing that to or has done that with, kwim?

My friend wondered why I didn't say yes. I'm sorry..but I don't give my number to or date strange random men who approach me in the street lol. He wasn't bad looking or anything but yeah. No thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Aww...I kind of feel bad for him.  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but still.  If he was attracted to you, what else was he supposed to do?  How are people supposed to meet?

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Poor guy. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonopotamus
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I would rather met a guy randomly on the street than in a bar. You should have given him your email just to see if he was interesting. Casual dating doesn't mean you have to be in a committed relationship. That took balls for him to come up to you like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

True, but idk. Maybe he could have asked in a different way, like hey do you know so and so? You look familiar, or maybe he could have asked to be friends or something lol.

I think it would have made me seem desperate to give my number to a guy on the street I don't even know..I am not desperate lol.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Aww...I kind of feel bad for him.  I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but still.  If he was attracted to you, what else was he supposed to do?  How are people supposed to meet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I know, I felt bad too because as I was walking away he asked his friends why girls always turn him down, and his friend says *Because you are ugly, bro!* lol. He wasn't ugly but he wasn't stunning or anything either lol.

Quoting EAzizM:

Poor guy. Lol

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Haha. AtLeast he tried...i mean, how else are you supposed to meet people? In this age of technology, it took alot for him to walk up to you and ask you out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, I felt bad too because as I was walking away he asked his friends why girls always turn him down, and his friend says *Because you are ugly, bro!* lol. He wasn't ugly but he wasn't stunning or anything either lol.

Quoting EAzizM:

Poor guy. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

True. But the main reason I said no is because I really am not looking to date right now.

Too much work and drama. I just don't want that right now.

Quoting EAzizM:

Haha. AtLeast he tried...i mean, how else are you supposed to meet people? In this age of technology, it took alot for him to walk up to you and ask you out.
alyssaravensmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
This

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
That's usually how ppl meet one another unless they're set up by mutual friends. I feel bad for him.
haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

good for him for going for it. Most people would be too scared to do what he did. He should have gone about it different. I don't think most women would say yes to that.. but if he walked up to a woman and just started talking to her about something and made her laugh, etc. it might work out better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)