Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My children are ruining sex for me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I became I mom I knew I would make sacrifices for sleep, appearance (at least for a short while), and other things that had once been necessary for me. I didn't know I'd have to completely sacrafice my sex life!

Every time we try to sneak off for a quickie the baby will start screaming because she can't see me. If we wait til nap time she has some sort of sensor that goes off and starts screaming as SOON as my pants hit the floor (this happens at bed time too). If we wait till everyone is asleep by that time we're both exhausted and sex is like a race to the finish which sucks cause he can normally finish before me.

How am I supposed to enjoy sex if they're crying? I can't just ignore them for my own selfish pleasure. Even if they're in a safe place playing or in her crib where she can't get hurt if they start crying I lose all interest in sex and mommy mode takes over.

Is anyone else like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I think you need a night alone. Have a family member babysit atleast for the evening.
lilymomof5
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM

when my son was a baby i didnt want sex at ALL. and the rare time I did it was impossible too. babies do that sometimes :/  you could try to get a sitter once a week so both of you could get a date and sex

tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I'm like that too. I promise, it gets better. It seems horrible now, but the time will fly by and before you know it you will be back to somewhat regular sex haha. My girls are 3 and 4, to get away with a quickie we have to distract them with a snack, put on a show that will hold their attention for more than 5 minutes and then GO! It becomes a challenge, getting the job done, for both of us, before they finish the snack or start fighting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

We're really particular about who watches are children. Since the last of our family has moved out of state we haven't had any alone time. :(

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
We would sneak off during work. :)
Now that he is older, we just wait until he is asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chaosmommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Get a sitter and a cheap hotel! Grab a bite to eat and sneak off to a motel for a few hours. Get your groove on and then go home and start all over. 

It does get better. Eventualy you will be able to have a little grown up time together and enjoy it. Then will come the day when you miss having them that young.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

how old is the baby?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
My children are three biggest cock blocks I've ever met. They do seem to pick up on the "mommy's horny" vibe and do their damndest to crush it. I love days when they're both at school and dh and I are home alone. Of course, then I get my period instead. =-O
sarahbsquare
by gralexmommy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM

nope my baby can sleep and we do it quickly when we first had grady.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Well, it's time to find a qualified sitter. Don't let your relationship or sex life go to the wayside because your fears. Next thing you know you'll be posting about how your SO is distant and you guys are miserable.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're really particular about who watches are children. Since the last of our family has moved out of state we haven't had any alone time. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)