Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I wanted to buy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Pepper spray or a taser where are some good places to look that you recommend? Also do I have to take any classes or register for anything?

I have had several incidents recently where I have been hit on in an aggressive way. People who were around and watching have helped me get away safely but I really need something to protect myself and my child.

I live in TX if that helps any.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Dicks sells pepper spray or any sporting good store.I dont know where you could get a taser or if you even can.

LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I was given pepper spray by a guy I worked with, I worked at a bar. With that all you need to do is know how to use it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Thank you for your help! I'll check that place out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dicks sells pepper spray or any sporting good store.I dont know where you could get a taser or if you even can.

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

In TX, citizens can only carry a "small chemical dispenser" of pepper spray.  Stun guns and tasers are legal to own.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Yea but I am not sure where to buy any. Saw some at a flea market but honesty didn't think it would be a good buy from there.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I was given pepper spray by a guy I worked with, I worked at a bar. With that all you need to do is know how to use it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Okay thank you.

Quoting jillbailey26:

In TX, citizens can only carry a "small chemical dispenser" of pepper spray.  Stun guns and tasers are legal to own.

LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Do you have a gander mountain near you? I believe they sell it there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea but I am not sure where to buy any. Saw some at a flea market but honesty didn't think it would be a good buy from there.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

You're welcome.  If that's the case, any store that sells firearms should sell both of these items.  I've never been to TX, so I can only assume.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay thank you.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Hmmm I can look it up. Thanks for your help!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Do you have a gander mountain near you? I believe they sell it there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Oh yea I didn't even think of that!

Quoting jillbailey26:

You're welcome.  If that's the case, any store that sells firearms should sell both of these items.  I've never been to TX, so I can only assume.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay thank you.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)