Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well this is a sticky situation!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

dh and I have been seperated for 2 weeks now. We still see each other regularly, on account of our young daughter together. And we get along better than we did when living together. He has "custody" of dd. Quotation marks because he's got her, but I can take her whenever, if I wanted to. But as I am staying with friends, I am making no plans to in the near future. Dh has the house, which is dd's home. I don't want to take her from that.

So, at first, dh wanted a divorce. He was tired of the constant fighting. But after realizing that we still have the chemistry that made us fall in love almost instatly with each other, he isn't so keen on it. His whole family is pushing for us to divorce, because they never really liked me. His dad, (who I really wish it was legal to stab him in the neck with a screwdriver) is the main powder keg in that fight. He has constantly put me down, and belittled me, he blames me for "baby raping" dh (yeah... okay fil) and being abusive towards dd. Which never happened! He has hated me since day 1.

So, dh keeps saying that he loves me, and that he wants to be with me, he's just not sure if we should be married. He says if we need a divorce (which I am firmly against, but I have begun to think it through, and agreed if it came to it, I'd do it. unwillingly, but I'd do it.) then who is to say we can't still be fuck buddies, and that he'd marry me again in an instant once everything is sorted out, and we both have our lives on a solid track. He hates the idea of how the seperation is taking dd away from me (I still see her every day, I just don't sleep in the house.)

What would you do if you were presented with this?

*The reason behind all the fights is I was misdiagnosed as depressed, but in recent treatment courses, I have been diagnosed as bi-polar. While being treated for just depression, the mood swings were terrible, and uncontrollable. I chose to be the one to leave because I do not feel dd would be safest with me. While I can provide for her, if in the event that I had a manic episode, I would not be able to take care of her immediate needs, because I cannot take care of mine during these phases. I am on new medication, and seeking therapy and all that jazz, so hopefully I will feel safer being alone with dd. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)