Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take him to the walk in? Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

These post always brings the bitches out but oh well... My son is 3. He woke up yesterday with a low grade fever and a cough. I gave him meds and it kept his fever down and he was acting normal but you could just see in his poor face that he felt like poo. He didn't eat much and only has 2 cups all day yesterday and I figure it's because his throat hurt, he's not coughing a lot but when he does it's a deep cough. Anyways, his fever got to 101.7 about 2am this morning and it was around the time he was due for more meds. He woke up with a low grade fever, he's shaking like he's cold but is still acting normal. He still has his cough and he's loosing his voice. A part of me thinks he's getting better because his fever is lowering and he's actually eating and drinking today but the other part wants to take him in so his cough doesn't get worse. SO MC Dr wannabe's (or if there really are any), should I take him in to get checked?

Update! I'm glad we took him in, he has strep. My poor baby :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Really? No one?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Go ahead but there is not much they will be able to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Let it run it's course. Low grade fever that meds are taking care of (I won't treat a fever until 102 with meds personally). His body is capable of fighting it off itself (unless he has a condition or something).
JasonsMom2007
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Nope he's eating, drinking, and the fever is lowering sounds like he is getting better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

That is a very low grade fever and not much to worry about much less treat. You need to keep him hydrated and wait it out. It is cold and flu season, they probably will not do much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We thought his fever was lowering but we just checked it before giving him more meds and it's at 102.4.

unusualmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My ds and dd was the same way - both of them!  Took him to doc...it was strep.

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Well, my doctors office and most doctors will tell you to wait for 3 days of a fever OVER 101 to bring them in. But I say use your best judgement. If you are on here asking, you obviously have debated it. Which to me means you should because it's crossed your mind and you are his mommy. We are not. We can't see him or hear him. KWIM? I would, but I am a complete helicopter. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

DH is military so we have to call the nurse advice line before we can go anywhere and most of the time they won't approve it. I want to take him in and DH is even more worried than I am. We are waiting for a call back to see if we are approved or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

in case anyone cares

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)