• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you complain to the landlord

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

We rent an apartment in a duplex. The girl that lives next door is the property manager's daughter.
I have two big complaints.
One is how loud they are. They argue at all hours of the night. Like screaming and hollering obscenities at each other. They also- well the guy- also plays his crappy music very very loudly. Now I know our apartment is small but not so small that I should hear them hollering in my room with the door closed. Its been like this for a year now and I am getting really fucking sick of it.
Also they have a dog. Two issues with this. We signed a generic lease- the ones that all tenants sign that states no animals. Well they have one, I guess with her mom being the apartment manager- she can make an exceotion. thats fine. My issue is the little thing shits all in the backyard/ we share a backyard with them and the other duplex. I am the only one with kids and they play in the backyard every day the weather is nice. What is pissing me off is when their little dog shits in the backyard- they dont clean it up and my children, and I sometimes wind up stepping in it. I think its gross and irresponsible not to clean up after the dog. Even if it was their private yard- its only sanitary to clean it up. Being it is a shared backyard, they should be even more diligent about cleaning it up

I have been dealing with this for a year and I want to say something. I just dont know if it will get me anywhere. Would you say something?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

bump

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If her mom is the manager and bending the rules for them, chances are it would get you nowhere to complain to her. You could try going above her head and letting her boss know about the preferential treatment/allowed rule-breaking though.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM

She is the property managers daughter. Nothing will come of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

maybe I will start bagging up the shit and putting it on her porch for her...lol

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

This.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

If her mom is the manager and bending the rules for them, chances are it would get you nowhere to complain to her. You could try going above her head and letting her boss know about the preferential treatment/allowed rule-breaking though.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that you can do! 

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe I will start bagging up the shit and putting it on her porch for her...lol

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)