Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crock Pot Recipes

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please share yours. I just bought one & I have no experiences with it.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwilliams76
by Irene on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
hnjen12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

BUMP!

hnjen12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I thinky ou can almost cook anything in a crock pot

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I've been doing meat balls in the crock pot. They are so tender after cooking in sauce all day. And meat loaf. I make a bunch of each and freeze it for an easy dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donnag013
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

http://www.savingyoudinero.com/2013/01/18/20-different-freezer-crock-pot-recipes/

You can make them ahead of time and throw in crock pot while you go to work. I"ve only done the Hawaiian chicken and it was very good. I've got 3 more ready to go in the freezer.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

i have a cookbook  that's   for crockpot and i go to hillbillyhousewife.com alot

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my favorite.

Slow Cooked Barbecued Country-Style Ribs

User Rating4.5 Star Rating(10 Reviewswrite a review

By , About.com Guide

Barbecued Country-Style Ribs, Crockpot

Barbecued Country-Style Ribs, Crockpot

Diana Rattray
Ads

Humanaยฎ Medicare Planswww.humana-medicare.comCompare A Variety Of Affordable Humana Medicare Plans In Your Area

New Laptop from Googlegoogle.com/chromebookIntroducing Chromebook. 2.4 pounds light. 0.7 inches thin. For $249.

5 Foods you must not eat:Trimdownclub.comCut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods.

Boneless country-style pork ribs are a great meat for the slow cooker, and your favorite barbecue sauce and a little apple juice and garlic makes these ribs extra-flavorful. The pork ribs are cooked with brown sugar, onions, apple juice, garlic, and other seasonings, then they're finished with purchased barbecue sauce.

Ingredients:

• 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork country-style ribs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1 bottle (16 to 18 ounces) barbecue sauce, about 1 1/2 cups

Preparation:

Lightly grease the crockery insert of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Wash pork, trim excess fat and pat dry with paper towels. Put the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker, then place pork on top. Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper, brown sugar, and minced garlic; turn the pork ribs to coat all pieces. Pour apple juice evenly over the pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Drain liquids from the pork. Pour barbecue sauce over the pork and stir slightly to distribute the sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour longer.
Serves 6 to 8.

JLS2388
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I LOVE mine, I didn't get it too long ago. I use it to make the best ribs you will ever have.

Put in maybe 8 oz of BBQ sauce, whichever kind you like with an equal amount of water.

Then put in your ribs, I put in 2 good sized rack of ribs but in most crock post, you can probably do 3, we just didn't need that much.

Cook it all day on low, I usually start at about 9 am if they go in frozen, 11 if they are thawed.

Then 5 hours later, put on high for an hour.

Put on serving plate with fresh BBQ sauce (not the watered down stuff in the crock pot).

Here is one for a roast beef

1 roast beef, I do about 2-3 lbs

1 container of beef stock

a tablespoon of black pepper and basil

1 small onion cut up

5-8 carrots sliced

equal amount of celery

cook for about 6 hours on high

hnjen12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN