Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

food stamp people should NOT have nice (clarification added)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 219 Replies

Got your attention? Here is the question.

FYI... I DO NOT frequent this group so I am unaware that similar questions must be the norm...if you cant answer then move along to another post...

I am asking because I read a blog this morn discussing food stamps and I wanted to know if everyone thinks that people with food stamps should not look nice and have nice things...and yes, do people stare and watch others in stores to see what they put in their carts and actually WATCH how they pay...

here is where I read the blog   ...along with the comments from there and on there facebook page..a lot of people were saying that they watch people in stores and how they pay...a lot were saying that IF a person was on food stamps then they should NOT have a cell phone, look nice, dress nice, have manicaures, and nice haircuts etc...I was blown away with the responses and was just curious if others felt that way....

Do you think people that are on food stamps should have cell phones, nice clothes, manicures, nice hair, .....buy steaks and good food??

Do you ever STARE at peoples carts of food and watch to see how they pay??

Is either question anyone's business??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
5 moms liked this
The horse is dead!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

They shouldn't be able to afford any of that if they can't afford basics. However alot of them scam the system and can. No I've never stared at anyone's cart, I have a life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My phone was free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
6 moms liked this
It's no ones business. What you think is your opinion, but there's no reason to stoke the fire and make a scene.

FYI: I'm not on pa, I just like to think everyone has a story that no one else knows. It does, however, bother me when I see people with crap in their carts and manicured nails, freshly done hair, baby phat clothes, etc then pulling out the card. But again, I shrug it off and think I don't know their story.

There are a lot more honest people out there than dishonest. What I think in my head is one thing, acting on it is totally different. Nor will it change if I open my mouth.
Aprilbabymommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
4 moms liked this
I mind my own business and that works for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
1 mom liked this

I don't really care what they have or what they do with their money...but logically when they're wasting their money on such nonsense they are only hurting themselves and keeping themselves in the system.

Of course there is a whole slew of people out there who were raised to think it's normal to be on PA. 

NoahandEliza
1 mom liked this
No, I don't think it's my business. No, I have more important things to worry about. No, what someone buys with actual cash ranks about third from the bottom on my list of things I give a shit about.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
7 moms liked this

Never stare at anyone else.  I am too busy worrying about my cart and my family. 

Should they have good food - YES

Should they have nice clothes - You have no idea where they came from, nor when and if said person purchased them.

Cell Phones - Gov't gives people on assistance FREE cell phones.

Manicures and hair if they are paying for it themselves no but if they are able to have a friend do it or do it themselves sure.

Presley77
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I don't care what's in people's carts or how they pay. Not a bit. Not my biz. Sure I think the system should work a bit different but it doesn't right now so I don't think about it.
motherbee
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No i do not stare at anyone in the store and the only way you would notice is if you are REALLY NOSEY !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)