Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding with Implants..

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

Has anyone on here breast fed their child with breast implants? How did it work.. was the implant affected in anyway?

Can you even breastfeed with implants?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

BUMP!

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM

BUMP!

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I don't know about implants, but I've come across several things about reductions...sometimes they sever the milk ducts and breastfeeding is not possible. Sometimes they leave them intact. I would assume the same is true of augmentation.

Edit: Found this, which says pretty much the same as reduction - it really depends on how the surgery was done.

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I think it depends on how they were implanted.

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
My BFF did she said it was easy no problem
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM

There are two different ways an implant is placed. If it is behind the breast you can indeed breast feed as the milk glands are not imterrupted. The other way interrupts the milk glands makining it impossible to breast feed. That is why women who had reductions cannot breast feed, because no matter what with a reduction you are interruptin (damaging) the milk glands and then they cannot produce milk.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting KawaiiLila:

There are two different ways an implant is placed. If it is behind the breast you can indeed breast feed as the milk glands are not imterrupted. The other way interrupts the milk glands makining it impossible to breast feed. That is why women who had reductions cannot breast feed, because no matter what with a reduction you are interruptin (damaging) the milk glands and then they cannot produce milk.

So I guess I will have to get in touch with my surgeon and ask him about my implant. Thanks for the info :).

Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Agree with pp. But I read an article somewhere that it is possible to bf even if the ducts were severed bc sometimes they will heal themselves and they will function properly again. I'll see if I can find it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a problem, good luck! :)

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting KawaiiLila:

So I guess I will have to get in touch with my surgeon and ask him about my implant. Thanks for the info :).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Mine are under the muscle, so it did not affect my bf.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)