Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I don't want another kid!!!!! Back the fk off!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just need to vent...

Everyone (my family, husband's family, even my coworkers) keep telling me I should have another baby. I'm "too young" to not have anymore babies. WTF does that mean? Since when does anyone have the right to tell me that I should or should not have anymore kids? No, I'm getting my tubes tied (yet) but yes we are sure that we don't want another.

Everyone is all "oh one day you'll want another." But I don't know, my vagina says not, along with my car, my house, and my checkbook. Two kids is good. I'm happy with my two babes. We can afford two kids and have time for them, plus us four are happy. Add another and it screws up our flow. Why the hell are people so pushy and up in everyone's business!!!!!!

Wish everyone would back off...that is all. Thanks for letting me bitch.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Well I only have one and my MIL keeps saying it's time. I told her if she wants one so bad she can go and have it and let it live at her house. We're running out of space here!

kamrynlily07
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Vent away mama!! I'm turning 33 tomorrow and I've had several people ask me if I'm going to have another baby before its "too late". Umm no I fine with the 2 I have TYVM!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflyblue19
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I get shit for only having 1. I don't know why people care....

Redwoods_Mama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

LOL, yeah, that can get really irritating.  On bad days, I might ask them if they plan to provide for the child's every financial need, and oh yeah, a bigger house and car too?

Ugh.  People think they're being sweet when in reality they are as ANNOYING as a swarm of mosquitoes. -_-

Pnukey
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

We cut it off at 2 also. I did have my tubes tied though. That ended all the pushing to have another. 

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Ik what u mean. I'm pregnant with my second and if it's a girl, I'm pretty sure I'm done. If it's a boy it's gonna be at least 5 years til I try for a girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
My friends keep telling me to have another. My mom will go crazy if I have another kid,she already thinks it was a mistake me having the first one. I am happy with one child and if I can barely afford one how in the hell I'm I going to get another one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
AGREED! I've done that before with my coworker who said all snippy "Well we made it work" and I just thought good for you! Not how I see it...

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

LOL, yeah, that can get really irritating.  On bad days, I might ask them if they plan to provide for the child's every financial need, and oh yeah, a bigger house and car too?

Ugh.  People think they're being sweet when in reality they are as ANNOYING as a swarm of mosquitoes. -_-

BKozICan
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Same here. I have two kids with genetic medical conditions (two different conditions, yeah me). The chance of having a "normal" child is next to none. And, yet, I still get people saying, "Oh, don't you want a girl?" No, you fuckers. Besides, after ten years, I am finally looking at a full night's sleep in the near future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I have three and dh and I decided to get my tubes tied. Now we both want another but we can't. We thought we didn't want anymore but with time we changed our minds. If I could go back I wouldn't have done anything permanent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)