Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People on Food Stamps just can't win can they?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

When do we stop judging people on FS negatively based on the food in their carts?

An individual has a cart full of cheap food to stretch their money, and of course, cheap food is usually JUNK.

Or, lets say someone has a cart full of organic and health concious food(which lets face it, name brand, organic, healthy, way more expensive in most situations.

You people say the first person is a mooching slob for spending their assistance on unhealthy junk food.

You people ALSO say how dare the second person buy name brand expensive top of the line organic and healthy foods!

So what, people on FS just can't win can they?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Nope people on food stamps are certainly not winning. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
This was my thought when i seen the post. I could see things like name brand - healhier juice etc and was like okay? So they are clearly choosing some more healthier options whats the big deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Not in this group......

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Of course not. Kick 'em while they're down, right?

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

It'll stop when people stop paying attention to how others pay.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Queen_Bree
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell No... And it's a shame many of these TAX paying women think we should resort to communism when it comes to the poor. Wonder how they will like it when the communism seeps into their neck of the woods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My mom was on public assistance when I was growing up, and I never remember having a basket full of junk food, but I also never remember going to bed hungry. She always provided the best she could for us, and while we didn't have a lot of fancy foods, or whatever, we were happy, and healthy, and she instilled in my values, and work ethic that cannot be bought, either with FS or money.

hollywood74
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

no and its not just foodstamps. ppl will always have something to say or judge you on. you win by not letting what other ppl say bother you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Whenever I use my food stamps I buy a lot of fruits and veggies and generic brand wheat bread, etc. but I do get your point. I feel like everybody is watching me buy my food and judging what I buy :(

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

You're so right. I was told I shouldn't buy my DD almond milk because it is almopst 5 bucks 1/2 a gallon when reg milk is almost 3 for a 1/2 gallon. 

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN