Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which is worse to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Drinking 1 to 2 decent sized glasses of red wine over the course of a 5 hr evening most evenings you're home OR drinking 2 cans of diet coke (any soda) a day?

My Sil about fell over last night when she saw my bottle of wine on the counter that was just over half gone from this week.... (ok it was a 'big girl bottle' aka 1.5ltrs)

that's my family's culture! We drink wine when we gather, when we cook, when we eat... My ex husband owns a winery and has been an award winning, professional winemaker for 20 yrs....
I also haven't been 'drunk' in years...

We don't have soda in our house unless we splurge on pizza, no candy or processed junk food unless its a rare treat. But my Dhs family's family LIVE on soda. Every dinner, every day. When we gather the standard drink is all sodas. I could care less nor do I judge or say anything. My kids love that 'treat' so... great! Not going to hurt anything but really? Who are you to about have a heart attack in my kitchen and act like I'm a freaking drunk?! It bothered and embarrassed me. (I'm a red head so I blush like crazy and its awful!) We have their family over twice a month so they can 'get out' (new baby and 7 yr old). Jeez! Vent over ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

The soda, especially diet, is worse.  Wine has benefits to it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Aren't there health benefits to drinking red wine? I dunno, I'm a Riesling girl. But there's nothing beneficial about soda lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I'd say the soda is worse for you.
xtina8817
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Wine can be good for you...good grief
She sounds a bit crazy lol
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

diet coke

LaughingTattoo
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I dont do the soda thing but I always have wine or beer in the house. I know the soda, diet or not, is worse.

WonderWoman22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

The soda is worse.

sarahbsquare
by gralexmommy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

i don't care about either one they are both terrible and water is the best way to go.

irvinehiker
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Don't Europeans drink wine daily and they are healthier overall?  I think I heard that awhile back.  Anyway for some reason soda is more acceptable and mainstream, but I agree it is not the healthy choice.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Soda is worse
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)