Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

confession: I genuinely do not like my child ETU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 414 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have one child.  A boy and I don't like him.  He personifies every wimpy kid I've ever met.  He is the king of cry babies.

I love him and I have tried to "toughen him up" by putting him in sports ect.  It's like pulling teeth. 

He is 7 and has no friends.  No one likes him because he cried at the drop of a hat and whines.

He's been tested and has nothing wrong with him, this is just his personality.

I really don't like him.  If he was anyone else's kid I would stop speaking to them to avoid being around him. He's that weird kid we all knew in grade school that liked nerdy things, didn't care what people thought of them and didn't like to participate in groups or gym.

Bash away.  

Suggest doctors (that's what everyone on this site seems to do, kids can't just be different they have to have some diagnosis lol)

Do your cm thing.

That's my awful confession.

EDIT

I pretty much just ignored the name calling and assumptions.

To the ladies that were actually helpful, thank you.  I did book an appointment with a family therapist.  I will be taking individual therapy for now with him.  I am still looking for some cinema related activity but in the meantime, weekly trips to the movies.  And I bought ds a chessboard yesterday.  He enjoys it, I don't but who cares.  His video games are metered out in 30 mins now.  You do this without whining you get your games.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
7 moms liked this

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
7 moms liked this

I feel bad for your son.

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

No bashing.

I simply don't know what to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

me too.

Quoting babybelly25:

I feel bad for your son.

Mesha125
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
This is sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shelby212302
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
How sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

So, get rid of him.

damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
15 moms liked this

my mom doesn't like me either. She never even had to say it. I always sensed it from her. I confronted her with it one day, and she said "i don't have to like you in order to love you." Yeah, that hurt very badly. All i'm saying is just be careful never to show it in the way you act toward him or look at him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww.....as long as you never let him know and show him love. Does he never make you smile? Do his smiles bring you joy?

So sad for you both!

I don't like my dd sometimes either. She can be very sassy...I think she will either be the most hated girl in hs or the most loved...we will see...she's only 3.
reesesami
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
13 moms liked this
You need to figure out what his interests are and encourage them. You called him "nerdy" so does he like science and math? I'm sure there are some programs you could put him in. Once he makes friends his confidence will improve. I'm sure it is in need of improvement because I don't know how he would not sense your dislike of him. Poor kiddo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)