Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
What brand pads/tampons would you or did you use for your dd first period?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Replies (21-25):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
My Mom got me big ass generic ones. It took me a while to figure out which ones where me Lol. I used always until I figured out tampons
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
They gave me a rash but it was the only thing my mom would buy for me. So I started buying tampons when i got a job. I thought I must be weird that it did that to me" LOL

Quoting PoplarGrove:

kotex makes teenager sized pads that are really comfy.  I've had problems with Always products (rashes, yeast infections) - so I personally wouldnt give them to a girl just starting her menses.  I think its the perfume or "odour control" they have in it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cshepard
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
My daughter uses the infinity with wings, I think they are always. In the green pack, the long ones. This is her preference. They are thin but cover all her panties. She's still getting used to the whole thing but these work best for her.
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting armywifey26:

My DD should be starting any day now. I don't know yet what I plan to get her

If it's any day, be kind and make sure you have something suitable until you can pick up whatever you settle on. I ended up having to use one of my mom's super maxi whatsits, felt like I was wearing a diaper! It was horribly uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Quoting armywifey26:

I started when I was 14 but some of my nieces are only 9 and got their's already, so she can as well start any day too. I'm dreading having the talk with my DD maybe because I can't believe she is growing so fast I will however have the talk soon... she did come to me a while back and said her breast area was bothering her I did noticed they are maturing, her attitude has changed oh brother we are in for some fun yrs to come. Thanx for your reply. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)