Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ttc is ruining my life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
We've been trying for almost two years and we're broke. I've spent almost 10,000 on medical tests, meds, procedures and doctor visits. I'm extremely depressed and its taken its toll on my marriage. Its very hard as people around me keep having oops babies that they say they don't even want and my in laws day horrible cruel things. People generally don't like infertile women. I don't know what to do. I am afraid I'm out of time, I'm almost 29 so there's not loads of time. I feel like I wasted my life with college. Doctors can't figure out what's wrong. My mil says its proof that dh was supposed to marry someone else since we can't have a baby together. I'm so tired of the pain.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe time to consider another avenue and consider adoption or IVF.

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm sorry..I don't really know what to say. Your husband needs to talk to his mother for sure and let her know that is not acceptable to speak to you that way. I struggled with infertility but got pregnant pretty quickly after being put on clomid. Have you had an hsg? I had it done both times I was on clomid and got pregnant that same month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Yes, I will have one done later this month

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

I'm sorry..I don't really know what to say. Your husband needs to talk to his mother for sure and let her know that is not acceptable to speak to you that way. I struggled with infertility but got pregnant pretty quickly after being put on clomid. Have you had an hsg? I had it done both times I was on clomid and got pregnant that same month.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
This. Thou if you a broke ivf wouldnt be the best avenue. You dont want to go into debt to bring a baby into this world.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I would love to adopt but I really want a baby.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I'm ttc as well. I have A5 year old sometimes I feel guilty for wanting another since I already have an amazing child. It is very frustrating. DH talked about it and we decided we would not do ivf. we haven't told anyone we are trying for a baby, not even my mother knows.

You need to sit down with your partner and talk about the options you want to explore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
People don't like infertile women..?
damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

it will eventually happen. With my late DH we had a son right away, and then even though i was never on birth control, and we did it at least 5 times a week, i never concieved again all the way up until 4 years later when he passed. We both knew we could, it just didn'y happen. Now, i get with DF, and we concieved literally the first time we did it. 7 years later. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I'm already in debt

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

This. Thou if you a broke ivf wouldnt be the best avenue. You dont want to go into debt to bring a baby into this world.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

{{Hugs}} I am so sorry! I've been there myself. The only time we got pregnant was when we quit trying. All the doctors and testing did very little for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN