Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my neighbors tried to chain up their dogs in MY yard!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I can't even begin to understand how they thought this was ok! My neighbor chained up their two large dogs to a tree right next to my house... I heard the walking next to my window so I went to see who was in my yard and then I see a dog squatting in my yard! And they are barking like crazy at me. I tell my neighbor (nicely because I'm a nice person) to get his dogs out of my yard, that this is not ok. He stares at me blankly for a moment before taking his dogs and didn't even apologize!! Who the hell does that? I am very tempted to go to the property manager because it's against policy to chain up dogs here and your yard is supposed to be fenced in if the dog is over 12 lbs. I'm an animal lover but that is ridiculous to me... I'm still baffled by the stupidity.

Oh and the chains are long enough for these dogs to get on my porch! One of the dogs came up to me barking like crazy right up to my steps.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

That is so not okay!!!

Just . . . wow!

Aleta775
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Yes. Call the property manager. I can't imagine why he thought that would be a good idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Ugh I would be pissed
MammaKoi
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I hate to say it but call the SPCA ( not the police, they will shoot the dog if it shows signs of any agression towards them) and have someone come out. If it states that they are not to be on chains on the property then they can get into trouble with the place you live at and then the SPCA as well, depending on the state. Take pics submit them and make a deal about it, I would not be worried if they were over friendly but who wants to put up with a dog that barks at them non-stop. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I was, to top it off dh was trying to sleep because he works overnight

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Ugh I would be pissed
alphamom26
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

When we moved into our second apartment, we were on the second floor. The neighbor next door, also 2nd floor, had a dog. He was too lazy to take it down the stairs to use the bathroom, so he let it use our SHARED porch. That we had to use to go downstairs to the basement to do laundry. There was sh*t everywhere on the porch the day we moved in (when we looked at the place, there was a bunch of snow on the porch so we didn't see it). When we told our landlord, she said that she had done the same thing with her dog for the three years she had lived there, so what was the problem?

You shoulda smelled THAT porch when the summer sunshine hit it. PHEW!!!

livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I wonder why they thought that was okay.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Ugh I would be pissed

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting MammaKoi:

I hate to say it but call the SPCA and have someone come out. If it states that they are not to be on chains on the property then they can get into trouble with the place you live at and then the SPCA as well, depending on the state. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. I'm just glad I already took dd to the sitter (I'm about to go to work) because all that barking would of scared the hell out of her.

Quoting livelaughlov26:

I wonder why they thought that was okay.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Ugh I would be pissed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM
That is horrible!! The apt we moved out of back in August stopped allowing pets because of issues like that.

Quoting alphamom26:

When we moved into our second apartment, we were on the second floor. The neighbor next door, also 2nd floor, had a dog. He was too lazy to take it down the stairs to use the bathroom, so he let it use our SHARED porch. That we had to use to go downstairs to the basement to do laundry. There was sh*t everywhere on the porch the day we moved in (when we looked at the place, there was a bunch of snow on the porch so we didn't see it). When we told our landlord, she said that she had done the same thing with her dog for the three years she had lived there, so what was the problem?

You shoulda smelled THAT porch when the summer sunshine hit it. PHEW!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)