Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts? Two Movies: The Croods & Oz the Great and Powerful

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

Oz the Great and Powerful: good movie, but I didn't "connect" with the characters like in the Wizard of Oz movie. Luckily it's a prequel, not a remake, so I think Disney did an alright job. Mila Kunis' attempted cleavage did annoy me, though. It came out March 8th.

The Croods: LOL funny and the kids all gave it two thumbs up. We LOVED it. It comes out March 22nd.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_lisa
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Oz
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I heard the Oz movie lacked storyline and content considering it is a 3 hr movie. The 3d is supposed to be great though. Hearing that it lacked content made me want to see it less.

The Croods seems like it would be a good kids' movie. It looks funny
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I heard the Oz movie lacked storyline and content considering it is a 3 hr movie. The 3d is supposed to be great though. Hearing that it lacked content made me want to see it less.

The Croods seems like it would be a good kids' movie. It looks funny

Yes Oz was definitely lacking, but it's hard because you want to compare it to the Wizard of Oz when it's in fact a prequel. Mila Kunis didn't sell herself as the evil witch, and as much as I LOVE Michelle Williams, the character was pretty bland. :/

atyou
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
So, you get sneek peeks?

Awesome!
poshkat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
The croods because the commercials are hilarious, especially the one with the shoes.
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think a lot of the humor used in Oz was way ahead of the time the film was set in (1905) and that threw me off. However, it was visually stunning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting atyou:

So, you get sneek peeks?

Awesome!

I only got to see Oz 4 days before it was released, but The Croods I got to see today so it was like 2 weeks ahead! :) It just depends on the movie, really. Some time within the next year they may be sending me to LA for a red carpet event as press. Excited to see which movie they choose me for.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We loved oz and we probably wont see the croods although my parents have mentioned wanting to take the kids so well see. Its not something my kids would ask to see and my husband and i arent huge dreamworks fans.
bozobean
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I was interested in seeing Oz, but from what I'm seeing here, it might be a little boring. I know my husband would want to see The Croods. He likes funny cartoon movies.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

We saw Oz today. Loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)