Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

massage therapists- quick pls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Going for my first massage in an hour. What do I do, what should I expect? I'm nervous
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Bump
FoxFire363
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

You undress and lie on the table, usually you start out face down. Generally, you leave on your panties, but you can take them off too and if you have lower back issues and wear panties that come up really high that's the better way to go. Do not worry, the sheet will cover your private areas at all times. The therapist will ask if you have any particular problem areas that need work (like lower back issues, stiff neck, etc.) this is the time to mention any specific painful areas you have. If you have any areas you specifically do NOT want touched, be sure to say so. If at any point during the massage the pressure becomes too uncomfortably deep or feels painful, speak up! Communication is important to making sure you get the most out of the experience. On the same note, if you want deeper pressure, say so. Do not worry about offending the therapist, as long as you are polite in your requests, the therapist will appreciate the communication. Feel free to talk or not talk to your therapist based on whatever you are comfortable with. We are used to both. I have clients who like to chat and clients who like to zone out or nap. If you have a particular problem area that the therapist has worked on, you might ask them if they can recommed anything you can do at home to help with it (like stretches). Drink lots of water after your massage, this is very important. Otherwise, go, relax and enjoy the experience! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Ty so much. It was amazing. I will Def go back.

Quoting FoxFire363:

You undress and lie on the table, usually you start out face down. Generally, you leave on your panties, but you can take them off too and if you have lower back issues and wear panties that come up really high that's the better way to go. Do not worry, the sheet will cover your private areas at all times. The therapist will ask if you have any particular problem areas that need work (like lower back issues, stiff neck, etc.) this is the time to mention any specific painful areas you have. If you have any areas you specifically do NOT want touched, be sure to say so. If at any point during the massage the pressure becomes too uncomfortably deep or feels painful, speak up! Communication is important to making sure you get the most out of the experience. On the same note, if you want deeper pressure, say so. Do not worry about offending the therapist, as long as you are polite in your requests, the therapist will appreciate the communication. Feel free to talk or not talk to your therapist based on whatever you are comfortable with. We are used to both. I have clients who like to chat and clients who like to zone out or nap. If you have a particular problem area that the therapist has worked on, you might ask them if they can recommed anything you can do at home to help with it (like stretches). Drink lots of water after your massage, this is very important. Otherwise, go, relax and enjoy the experience! 

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Bump. I need one just enjoy:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)