• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damn this abominable weather...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

We're expecting up to 9 inches of snow tonight with 50mph winds. The weather alerts also said to prepare for widespread power outages and whiteout conditions. We are supposed to be moving in like a week and I packed all our candles and spare blankets, already. Damnit. I hate winter.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Any idea where you packed them, at least? Hopefully you can haul them back out without having to dig through everything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Oh that sucks. We moved on Jan first, literally in between two big winter storms. It sucked big time. 

Sorry :-(

saucymama519
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Oh well.

And nope, no idea. I use blankets to pad boxes of fragile stuff so the yare scattered everywhere. Anything else I have no freaking clue where to even start looking.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Psst...it's abominable, in case you care.

Any idea where you packed them, at least? Hopefully you can haul them back out without having to dig through everything!

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Oh...that stinks. Candles can be gotten pretty cheap from the Dollar Store, probably a flashlight too, but the blankets would be an issue. Is winter clothing out, at least? If I'm going to spend much time outside when it's very cold I put several pairs of pajama/sweat pants inside of each other and wear them all at once - usually 4-5 pair. It looks silly, but at least it's warm. I also layer sweatshirts/hoodies; keeping your core warm will generally help with your overall body temperature. It would probably be uncomfortable to sleep that way, but surely less so than being too cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)