Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who bash on those who get PA...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies
26 moms liked this

Some of you say that its your hard earned money and that they should get jobs. Some of you say that they are milking the system. Some of you even say that those on welfare are lazy. Ive even read that some of you think that those on welfare are not thinking of their children properly. A lot of people who are on public assistance actually do have jobs. Full time jobs. However, working full time sometimes just isn't enough, especially considering how expensive it is to afford shelter and food these days, especially when a child is involved. Some of these people are in college because they want to go to school so that they can have better jobs and get off of welfare. Yes, there are those that milk the system. However, there are those who genuinely need the extra help just to survive. A lot of people on welfare are not lazy. In fact, they would rather have a job that pays them enough so that they can get off of welfare. A lot of the people on welfare are also on it so that they can fully support their children and provide for their needs. A lot of people go through really hard times in their lives financially. Sometimes, people need help from the government for survival. Not everyone is blessed with a good job or a second income.

Update: Ok, some of the ladies on here seem to be implying that they think Im on welfare. Let me set the record straight. I am NOT on welfare.Do my DH and I sometimes struggle to keep our heads above water? Yes. But we are not on welfare.

I get a free ride to school, yes, but thats because I am technically considered an orphan by the government (and believe me, I wish my mother was alive, and that my father wasnt so abusive; I would prefer not being considered an orphan).

My mom was a single mom of 3 children, one of which (me) having many expensive health issues. So yes, I did grow up on welfare, but that was with my mom working her ass off at 3 jobs.

Eventually my mom got too sick to care for us, so I spent half my childhood in foster care. Yes, I was technically on welfare then, but through no choice of my own.

But now ? I am not on welfare, and I hope that I am never at a point in my life where I would need it. But I don't really care if others get on it. Sometimes people need help. I was merely stating my opinions in this post, and a lot of the replies have been assuming and overgeneralizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
7 moms liked this

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

lilfishbigocean
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM
4 moms liked this

BEST REPLY EVER!!!

Quoting Sassy762:

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
24 moms liked this
I didn't know being on fs was such a horrible thing intil I joined this site. It's ridiculous how bad people bash others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM
4 moms liked this

Well said, thank you for posting this!!! :)

bugsmama149
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Really the only time I have a negative opinion of people of welfare is when they just keep on having kids. I totally understand that things happen, sometimes people need the aid to care for their families. I had to go on Link for 6 months when my son was a baby because the hours at my job had been cut in half. It sucked because it was a decent paying job. But I can tell you that at no point during that time did I ever think "hey, it'd be a really good time to have another kid right now". Because I was having a hard enough time with just taking care of my son and I.  I don't ever bash on the PA posts. Because I needed it once. I just don't understand why when people are having a really hard time, they don't try to practice safe sex to avoid having more mouths to feed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Amen to that. Bunch of judgey cunts up in here who just have to have SOMETHING to look down their noses about while they sit on their fat asses chuckling about how much 'better' they have it. Twats.

As long as you have clothes on your kids, and food in their mouths, then who really gives 2 stinking shits how you got it, short of shoplifting? 

You didn't steal it, you didn't mooch it. Especially if you're working at all. They take from your check, so you have every right to use what you pay for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Anytime. I got sick of reading all the bashing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well said, thank you for posting this!!! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
7 moms liked this

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
4 moms liked this

everyone has a business to go to college, because that is their RIGHT to an equal education.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN