Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who bash on those who get PA...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some of you say that its your hard earned money and that they should get jobs. Some of you say that they are milking the system. Some of you even say that those on welfare are lazy. Ive even read that some of you think that those on welfare are not thinking of their children properly. A lot of people who are on public assistance actually do have jobs. Full time jobs. However, working full time sometimes just isn't enough, especially considering how expensive it is to afford shelter and food these days, especially when a child is involved. Some of these people are in college because they want to go to school so that they can have better jobs and get off of welfare. Yes, there are those that milk the system. However, there are those who genuinely need the extra help just to survive. A lot of people on welfare are not lazy. In fact, they would rather have a job that pays them enough so that they can get off of welfare. A lot of the people on welfare are also on it so that they can fully support their children and provide for their needs. A lot of people go through really hard times in their lives financially. Sometimes, people need help from the government for survival. Not everyone is blessed with a good job or a second income.

Update: Ok, some of the ladies on here seem to be implying that they think Im on welfare. Let me set the record straight. I am NOT on welfare.Do my DH and I sometimes struggle to keep our heads above water? Yes. But we are not on welfare.

I get a free ride to school, yes, but thats because I am technically considered an orphan by the government (and believe me, I wish my mother was alive, and that my father wasnt so abusive; I would prefer not being considered an orphan).

My mom was a single mom of 3 children, one of which (me) having many expensive health issues. So yes, I did grow up on welfare, but that was with my mom working her ass off at 3 jobs.

Eventually my mom got too sick to care for us, so I spent half my childhood in foster care. Yes, I was technically on welfare then, but through no choice of my own.

But now ? I am not on welfare, and I hope that I am never at a point in my life where I would need it. But I don't really care if others get on it. Sometimes people need help. I was merely stating my opinions in this post, and a lot of the replies have been assuming and overgeneralizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

what does being white have to do w/anything?  you said you have to be on some assistance because of him etc etc ... You need to find a way to support those kids without him and without assistance. I don't care that use assistance now but you should be working on not needing assistance without counting on him jimo. All the blaming him and calling him sperm donor just makes you sound immature and bitter.

from your previous reply " And I can't wait to b off of pa, I hate being on it but w my ex husband not paying cs I have no choice,.." 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm white, graduated with straight a's. Its called autocorrect! I have been supporting my kids by myself w/o his help for years. He rarely ever takes them, sure I could get the cs modified but why even bother when he doesn't even pay the lousey $325/no. The only thing I get help w is ma and F's. I pay all my dd's afterschool daycare but when I found out he's not getting the kids to school in time I had to cut my hours which now makes it so I can't pay my rent. I am supposed to work m-f 7-4 because of this I have to work 830-4 and take my lunch at 1030-1200 to pick up my DD from k am, I am a manager and it obviously is affecting my job. I shouldn't have to take and pick up my children when we agreeded upon him doing it since he isn't working during those hours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe if you take an English class you could get a better job? And stop blaming him for your inability to support your kids . He should pay , sure. But plenty of us Moms support our kids all by ourselves and you should be focusing on doing that rather then just blaming him for all your problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to leave MT ex husband because he cheated on me hundreds of time for over 2yrs(he was a trucker driver and hid it very well cuz he was always gone). He gave me2 stds. Of course I left his ass. My job only pays $10/hr(when I left him I was only making $7.90/hr and only 30ish hrs). He rarely pays a dime of cs. I have been fighting for years to get it taken from his check, they have been uncessful, but its very close. He has to be 6 months w/o payment in order to be considered contempt. He makes a lousey $50 payment once every 5 months because he knows. Praying that he files his taxes because I am guaranteed his entire tax refund this year. Oh btw I don't receive cash assistance just ma and F's. I gave been on a priority wait list for am/pm care for the kids for months because I had to cut hrs now because their sperm donor can't even get them to school on time. I can't even pay my rent on my pay because the sperm donor can't even pay a lousey $325/mo that the judge ordered him yo pay. And I can't wait to b off of pa, I hate being on it but w my ex husband not paying cs I have no choice, I have to feed my children and myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Neither of which is my responsibility.

Quoting LDennany:

WELP, I guess they'll just have to continue to milk the system forever instead of only doing it for a few years. Makes complete sense...not.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Once again since so many don't understand, you are guaranteed the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Higher education is not a right and no one is entitled to have the government support them for four four years so they can focus on school. If you're grown up enough to have a child then you're grown up enough to support that child. PA is supposed to be temporary, not an opportunity to make your life easier or realize your dreams.

Quoting Anonymous:

everyone has a business to go to college, because that is their RIGHT to an equal education.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
In this day and age, that's definitely not a certainty..

Quoting LittlePiggies5:

You do realize that if they go to college they will be able to get a good job and get off of welfare right?

Quoting Anonymous:

AngelJoann
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Well said!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM
College is a for-profit business.

Quoting KariC33:

Ok so rich people can have it all but jist because your poor you dont get a chance of education? What the hell since when college is only for people who have money? College should be for people who have the skills and intelligence who want to go to get a better future... Somr people are rich and freaking dumb... But yeah sure they get to go to college right just cause they have the money and a smart poor wouldnt be able just cause he's poor? ......,,

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
No one "deserves" college. You earn it and pay for it, either on your own, or with help from parents, loans, scholarships a/o grants.

Entitled much? If everyone "deserved" to go to college, it would be free for everyone, funded by our taxes, which it's not.

Quoting honey27:

Quoting Anonymous:

this is one of the dumbest comments i have heard all day. everyone deserves to go to college if they want to, really? that hateful huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I don't find that comment ignorant in the slightest. Why should the taxpayers give you a free ride?

Entitled award of the month right here.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Oh fuck. LOL.

Ignorance award for the month right here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Getting JOBS is what you need to do to survive. I have a hard time believing you have access to secondary education and zero access to employment. I think you're choosing not to work.

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

Im going to continue to stay on pa until I dont need it anymore :). Its not like someone online telling me to work harder is going to help any. Maybe if theyd give me and my husband the extra jobs they have just lying around we wouldnt need pa. Im going to college so I can better myself so I wont need pa anymore. If you want to cry and whine about it so be it. But some prick online isnt going to stop me from doing what I need to in order to survive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

OK... I am a PC Tech and have been for about 5 years... To further my career to get a better job to get off of welfare, I have to got o college and get a degree... Which means, I can sit on welfare for the rest of my life at a low paying job... OR go to college while on welfare and improve my life and get a good job to get off welfare and support my family fully.... I do not know why you think that people who are on welfare are lazy or whatever but not all are... to get a decent job in this economy you need some sort of degree and if you never had the money to support your family and go to college, how else would you do this?????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN