Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who bash on those who get PA...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some of you say that its your hard earned money and that they should get jobs. Some of you say that they are milking the system. Some of you even say that those on welfare are lazy. Ive even read that some of you think that those on welfare are not thinking of their children properly. A lot of people who are on public assistance actually do have jobs. Full time jobs. However, working full time sometimes just isn't enough, especially considering how expensive it is to afford shelter and food these days, especially when a child is involved. Some of these people are in college because they want to go to school so that they can have better jobs and get off of welfare. Yes, there are those that milk the system. However, there are those who genuinely need the extra help just to survive. A lot of people on welfare are not lazy. In fact, they would rather have a job that pays them enough so that they can get off of welfare. A lot of the people on welfare are also on it so that they can fully support their children and provide for their needs. A lot of people go through really hard times in their lives financially. Sometimes, people need help from the government for survival. Not everyone is blessed with a good job or a second income.

Update: Ok, some of the ladies on here seem to be implying that they think Im on welfare. Let me set the record straight. I am NOT on welfare.Do my DH and I sometimes struggle to keep our heads above water? Yes. But we are not on welfare.

I get a free ride to school, yes, but thats because I am technically considered an orphan by the government (and believe me, I wish my mother was alive, and that my father wasnt so abusive; I would prefer not being considered an orphan).

My mom was a single mom of 3 children, one of which (me) having many expensive health issues. So yes, I did grow up on welfare, but that was with my mom working her ass off at 3 jobs.

Eventually my mom got too sick to care for us, so I spent half my childhood in foster care. Yes, I was technically on welfare then, but through no choice of my own.

But now ? I am not on welfare, and I hope that I am never at a point in my life where I would need it. But I don't really care if others get on it. Sometimes people need help. I was merely stating my opinions in this post, and a lot of the replies have been assuming and overgeneralizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
3 moms liked this

My kids received scholarships and grants to attend college.  Do you consider that welfare too?

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
4 moms liked this

So, because you had families before getting a proper job or education, you think you are entitled to shit and deserve hard earned money from people who did make good decisions? Maybe if people used their damn heads before breeding, this would not be a problem, but keep peddling your pity party story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

everyone has a business to go to college, because that is their RIGHT to an equal education.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Where in the fucking Constitution does it guarantee your right to a secondary education? WHERE? A RIGHT?! This is why people like you get torn apart. You think it is all a "right" and you are "entitled" to everything. A right... smfh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

so would you rather they stay on PA for the rest of their lives cuz they can't get a decent job w/ out a college education? sorry but I rather support somebody and have them use PA for a short time so they can get a better education leading to a better job so they don't have to rely on PA. I dunno, thats just me tho..........

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
4 moms liked this

For about the thousandth time, the bashing is for those who are abusing the system.  The abuse is rampant.  It's just a fact.  You don't have to believe it but seriously, it's on here literally daily how the system is being abused and justified every time with lame excuses.  There is a post right now about taking in a relative who is on FS and will use those to provide food and call it rent money and the poster confessed that they already have a roommate who is using his FS to supply things for the household.  This is all illegal and just one of many stories admitting to welfare fraud.

You can't figure out why people on welfare have such a bad reputation?  There is your answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I grew up in a middle class family.   TRUE middle class gets NO assistance for college. My family qualified for nothing way back, I had to pay in full for my 3 college degrees. PA was not set up for you to go to school.  College IS NOT affordable for the middle class, so why is that OK that the lower class gets all kind of help and we get nothing?

bear.katten
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I love ignorant people!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

everyone has a business to go to college, because that is their RIGHT to an equal education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where in the fucking Constitution does it guarantee your right to a secondary education? WHERE? A RIGHT?! This is why people like you get torn apart. You think it is all a "right" and you are "entitled" to everything. A right... smfh

that is what is wrong with this country.  They (PA abusers) will never get it.  They will always make excuses.  The one posting her sob story about getting knocked up in college really annoyed me with people saying it was OK PA put her through school.  It is not even worth explaining them OVER AND OVER again that their choices ALONE put them on PA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I used to be for PA, for people who needed it.  Since joining CM and seeing all the abuse, I seriously want it to be dismantled.  Sickening. I used to feel bad for these people, not anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bear.katten:

Lol I love ignorant people!

Quoting Anonymous:

Where is my handout?  I had to pay for college in full, no PA and other assistance.  I chose affordable colleges and WORKED.  Where is my praise?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)