Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who bash on those who get PA...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some of you say that its your hard earned money and that they should get jobs. Some of you say that they are milking the system. Some of you even say that those on welfare are lazy. Ive even read that some of you think that those on welfare are not thinking of their children properly. A lot of people who are on public assistance actually do have jobs. Full time jobs. However, working full time sometimes just isn't enough, especially considering how expensive it is to afford shelter and food these days, especially when a child is involved. Some of these people are in college because they want to go to school so that they can have better jobs and get off of welfare. Yes, there are those that milk the system. However, there are those who genuinely need the extra help just to survive. A lot of people on welfare are not lazy. In fact, they would rather have a job that pays them enough so that they can get off of welfare. A lot of the people on welfare are also on it so that they can fully support their children and provide for their needs. A lot of people go through really hard times in their lives financially. Sometimes, people need help from the government for survival. Not everyone is blessed with a good job or a second income.

Update: Ok, some of the ladies on here seem to be implying that they think Im on welfare. Let me set the record straight. I am NOT on welfare.Do my DH and I sometimes struggle to keep our heads above water? Yes. But we are not on welfare.

I get a free ride to school, yes, but thats because I am technically considered an orphan by the government (and believe me, I wish my mother was alive, and that my father wasnt so abusive; I would prefer not being considered an orphan).

My mom was a single mom of 3 children, one of which (me) having many expensive health issues. So yes, I did grow up on welfare, but that was with my mom working her ass off at 3 jobs.

Eventually my mom got too sick to care for us, so I spent half my childhood in foster care. Yes, I was technically on welfare then, but through no choice of my own.

But now ? I am not on welfare, and I hope that I am never at a point in my life where I would need it. But I don't really care if others get on it. Sometimes people need help. I was merely stating my opinions in this post, and a lot of the replies have been assuming and overgeneralizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

i wish we could get off it but everytime we do we end up back on it

taramac
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Not everyone is "blessed" with a good job or second income- it's called hard work. My husband and I worked extremely hard to get where we are in life and did not rely on anyone or anything to support us. Don't be so quick to assume that families that are well off were just handed their jobs and money because that is just as bad as assuming people on PA are deadbeats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Oh I know., I got an eyeful of the reasoning behind the minds of these nuts in another post. They believe PA recipients are to be blamed because they had children. If you have children you're an idiot. You deserve to starve, you don't deserve a future, or to move forward of yourself. A child should be a punishment and if you have one you deserve to die because they will be darned of 9 percent of their taxes goes to helping those in need. Now, of course, no one cares that 34% goes to military. That shits important. Killing others is far more important than helping sluts here who decided to get themselves pregnant. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Bah ha ha ha!!!!
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
College is a privilege, not a right.
Lol! Lol! Lol!
Hysterical!!!
It's morons like you whom I fear most! You probably voted for the dictator who's in office now too!
If there weren't so many terribly misinformed people like you destroying our country, maybe our country wouldn't be going into the toilet at such a fast pace.
I take back my laughter. It's being replaced by tears for people like you who have NO CLUE!

Quoting Anonymous:

everyone has a business to go to college, because that is their RIGHT to an equal education.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh yeah. EVERYONE on welfare has a story that NEVER includes, "I made some really bad decisions and put MYSELF and my children into a horrible situation. So now I need the good, hard-working, responsible of our good country to support us."
Drives. Me. Bananas.
Just own up to it. Do not feed me the load of bull that somehow YOUR situation is different.
Yawn! Over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you had families before getting a proper job or education, you think you are entitled to shit and deserve hard earned money from people who did make good decisions? Maybe if people used their damn heads before breeding, this would not be a problem, but keep peddling your pity party story.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Lol ummm I'm sure you could have APPLIED for scholarships, grants or PA. If you chose not to thats on YOU not the people who found scholarships, grants or applied for PA for a while.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bear.katten:

Lol I love ignorant people!

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Where is my handout?  I had to pay for college in full, no PA and other assistance.  I chose affordable colleges and WORKED.  Where is my praise?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, I never said anything about my story, so clearly I wasnt telling my story or throwing any kind of pity party. And sometimes those people on welfare dont have any children, they just need the extra help. Not everybody has a family to rely on.

And like I said in my post, a lot of people on welfare have jobs, but sometimes full-time work just isn't enough to provide for even for yourself.But I guess you only did selective reading.

You have no idea what the circumstances are for these people on welfare, yet you judge them, which is quite stuck up.

I never said I was entitled to anything. But I do think that everyone has an entitlement to the basic neccessities in life. But hey, thats just my humanity speaking. Maybe you should look that word up.

And are you saying that if you get pregnant on accident, then that means that you dont use your head? Hmmm. Interesting.

And are you saying that if you dont get a proper job or education, then you shouldnt have your basic needs as a human being? And that those who dont have the "proper job or education" dont make good decisions? How about you define a proper job and a proper education? Because right now you sound like a stuck up traditionalist.

I would hate to know you in real life, lest I be judged by you for the simplist matter of needing just a little bit of help in life. I kinda feel bad for those who do know you.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you had families before getting a proper job or education, you think you are entitled to shit and deserve hard earned money from people who did make good decisions? Maybe if people used their damn heads before breeding, this would not be a problem, but keep peddling your pity party story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I never assumed that people just got handed jobs and money. That would be you putting words into my mouth. And like I said in my post, a person on welfare can have a full time job and work hard at their job. But sometimes it isnt enough. Again, someone else who can only do selective reading.

Quoting taramac:

Not everyone is "blessed" with a good job or second income- it's called hard work. My husband and I worked extremely hard to get where we are in life and did not rely on anyone or anything to support us. Don't be so quick to assume that families that are well off were just handed their jobs and money because that is just as bad as assuming people on PA are deadbeats.

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I never considered it a horrible thing, but what gets me is all of the "I'm on fs and look what I bought.....jealous?". I don't get the reason for those posts. It does make it hard for people to give those that need assistance the benefit of the doubt. 

Quoting 3_girls_86:

I didn't know being on fs was such a horrible thing intil I joined this site. It's ridiculous how bad people bash others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Food, shelter, healthcare, you name it.  They are expensive for all of us, not just those on PA. We work FT too, we have to sacrifice too, The difference is, we get to eat all the expense and suffer the sacrifices all on our own without any relief and any help.  If you aren't disabled or elderly, you have no business on the public dole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)