Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who bash on those who get PA...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some of you say that its your hard earned money and that they should get jobs. Some of you say that they are milking the system. Some of you even say that those on welfare are lazy. Ive even read that some of you think that those on welfare are not thinking of their children properly. A lot of people who are on public assistance actually do have jobs. Full time jobs. However, working full time sometimes just isn't enough, especially considering how expensive it is to afford shelter and food these days, especially when a child is involved. Some of these people are in college because they want to go to school so that they can have better jobs and get off of welfare. Yes, there are those that milk the system. However, there are those who genuinely need the extra help just to survive. A lot of people on welfare are not lazy. In fact, they would rather have a job that pays them enough so that they can get off of welfare. A lot of the people on welfare are also on it so that they can fully support their children and provide for their needs. A lot of people go through really hard times in their lives financially. Sometimes, people need help from the government for survival. Not everyone is blessed with a good job or a second income.

Update: Ok, some of the ladies on here seem to be implying that they think Im on welfare. Let me set the record straight. I am NOT on welfare.Do my DH and I sometimes struggle to keep our heads above water? Yes. But we are not on welfare.

I get a free ride to school, yes, but thats because I am technically considered an orphan by the government (and believe me, I wish my mother was alive, and that my father wasnt so abusive; I would prefer not being considered an orphan).

My mom was a single mom of 3 children, one of which (me) having many expensive health issues. So yes, I did grow up on welfare, but that was with my mom working her ass off at 3 jobs.

Eventually my mom got too sick to care for us, so I spent half my childhood in foster care. Yes, I was technically on welfare then, but through no choice of my own.

But now ? I am not on welfare, and I hope that I am never at a point in my life where I would need it. But I don't really care if others get on it. Sometimes people need help. I was merely stating my opinions in this post, and a lot of the replies have been assuming and overgeneralizing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't bash people who are on PA. But I have a hard time, feeling sorry for someone who gets free medical care, $500 dollars a month in food stamps and complains how they are always broke or how they don't have enough food for the month. When my medical care cost me, $400 a month plus my out of.pocket cost. When my food budget for 6 of us is $300. And we aren't rich by any means. We are middle class on the end. But my priorities are different and I get that. But when you complain about all of that but have a $100 cable bill, plus a $50 internet bill. A car payment you can't afford, I don't feel sorry for you. I don't have cable, we use our phones as internet. And I went and got car payments I could afford. If you set your priorities right, you won't be broke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

The entitled will never understand or take responsibility and this post proves that over and over and over....

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting deadlights86:

there are millions of people who don't go to college and aren't on pa. They can work full time and pay their way threw college. All pa needs to be gone.

Yeah they can work minimum wage jobs that aren't enough to survive on. Unless the government wants to raise minumum wage some people can't survive without pa. And how do you suggest people that can't afford to buy food pay to go to college?

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM

How on earth is it our fault that my husbands company laid off 2,000+ people last month? That is why we qualify....or should say qualified. The same month...actually the same WEEK we got accepted we called to tell them we found work. So, does that drive.you.bananas?  ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yeah. EVERYONE on welfare has a story that NEVER includes, "I made some really bad decisions and put MYSELF and my children into a horrible situation. So now I need the good, hard-working, responsible of our good country to support us."
Drives. Me. Bananas.
Just own up to it. Do not feed me the load of bull that somehow YOUR situation is different.
Yawn! Over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you had families before getting a proper job or education, you think you are entitled to shit and deserve hard earned money from people who did make good decisions? Maybe if people used their damn heads before breeding, this would not be a problem, but keep peddling your pity party story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I had to leave MT ex husband because he cheated on me hundreds of time for over 2yrs(he was a trucker driver and hid it very well cuz he was always gone). He gave me2 stds. Of course I left his ass. My job only pays $10/hr(when I left him I was only making $7.90/hr and only 30ish hrs). He rarely pays a dime of cs. I have been fighting for years to get it taken from his check, they have been uncessful, but its very close. He has to be 6 months w/o payment in order to be considered contempt. He makes a lousey $50 payment once every 5 months because he knows. Praying that he files his taxes because I am guaranteed his entire tax refund this year. Oh btw I don't receive cash assistance just ma and F's. I gave been on a priority wait list for am/pm care for the kids for months because I had to cut hrs now because their sperm donor can't even get them to school on time. I can't even pay my rent on my pay because the sperm donor can't even pay a lousey $325/mo that the judge ordered him yo pay. And I can't wait to b off of pa, I hate being on it but w my ex husband not paying cs I have no choice, I have to feed my children and myself.
Rain2Rinse
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Uh huh. Ok .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM

LDennany
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
WELP, I guess they'll just have to continue to milk the system forever instead of only doing it for a few years. Makes complete sense...not.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they can't afford to go to college without using welfare then they have no business going to college.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM

post #8734563874659847059284658734958734985639487568394875982759

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I get my fs on the 12th and still have $10 left, pantry and fridge/freezer are stocked. Were a family of 3 (2 kids and myself). I have no cable/internet except on my $35/mo phone. We get around $300 a mo, I don't complain instead I make it last all month long.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

I don't bash people who are on PA. But I have a hard time, feeling sorry for someone who gets free medical care, $500 dollars a month in food stamps and complains how they are always broke or how they don't have enough food for the month. When my medical care cost me, $400 a month plus my out of.pocket cost. When my food budget for 6 of us is $300. And we aren't rich by any means. We are middle class on the end. But my priorities are different and I get that. But when you complain about all of that but have a $100 cable bill, plus a $50 internet bill. A car payment you can't afford, I don't feel sorry for you. I don't have cable, we use our phones as internet. And I went and got car payments I could afford. If you set your priorities right, you won't be broke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)