• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm exhausted. I'm 24 weeks pregnant, DH is away at training, I'm caring for two violent special needs kids on my own, I have no family or friends nearby, and my house is wrecked.

I need some encouragment. Today has been overwhelming, the kids have had one meltown after another, I'm contracting, in pain, and not sure I can do this. They're down for naps now, so I'll be cleaning.

I just need to hear that I can get through the next three weeks until I can go home fo three weeks before my husband comes home, where my family can help me, and I can get some support.

I've always been OK before when he was gone, but I always had support, I had a friend or family member for help, or to talk to. I don't have that now.

Please don't bash me, I can't talk to anyone or admit to my family that something is wrong. They'll worry and it's three more weeks until they can help. I have a history of preterm labor starting at 23 weeks, and I'm just overwhelmed.

I'll probably call my aunt this evening, she can talk me through, and she knows I'll be OK, I just need to get though this afternoon and right now cant stop crying.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

you will be ok. im sorry you are having a hard time. take it one day, one hour ... one mintute at a time if you have to. can you play a game with the kids or put in a movie or read them a book so they ..and you.. can calm down a bit? oh i see them napping. then you should rest. hugs mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

im_2_xblessed
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If you need a friend I'm willing to listen and offer encouragement ... I've never been in your shoes.. But I am willing to listen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I've been trying one hour at a time. I think today is just worse because I'm in pain and don't feel well. I tried putting in a movie and they wouldn't watch it. So I got desperate and told them we would have an extra story and a popsicle at bedtime if they took a nap and were good this afternoon.

Quoting ccnstanczak:

you will be ok. im sorry you are having a hard time. take it one day, one hour ... one mintute at a time if you have to. can you play a game with the kids or put in a movie or read them a book so they ..and you.. can calm down a bit? oh i see them napping. then you should rest. hugs mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Thank you, I might just take you up on that.

Quoting im_2_xblessed:

If you need a friend I'm willing to listen and offer encouragement ... I've never been in your shoes.. But I am willing to listen

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I'm sorry. Please remember to breathe through it all. And if it gets to be toooooo much? Go into another room or step outside for a minute. Gather your thoughts and get your cool back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Thanks, I try to put them in their rooms, and separate them so I can get a few minutes in my room just to breathe. Or get a bite to eat, which I can only do when they're quiet.

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'm sorry. Please remember to breathe through it all. And if it gets to be toooooo much? Go into another room or step outside for a minute. Gather your thoughts and get your cool back.

susieQ680
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM

u can get through this u are a strong women

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thanks, I'm not feeling so strong right now. Thank you for the encouragement. I was so scared I was gonna get bashed over this.

Quoting susieQ680:

u can get through this u are a strong women

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)