• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Invite them or how do I politely not invite them?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ill try not to confuse y'all but I could use some advice.

I'm the nanny for Lauren* and max*, they have 2 children and I've been their nanny for 5.5 years.

Lisa* and John* have 3 children.

Max and Lisa had an affair leading to both couples divorcing.

Now John and Lauren are dating.

Basically they have swapped spouses.

They have been dating 1.5 years and the affair has been going on 3 years.

I don't know the other half of adults in this situation and I don't know the other kids either except for some not so nice stories about the stuff the other kids have destroyed.

Ok still with me? Not too terribly confused?

So here's my question: I'm getting married soon and if we don't elope the two kids I nanny for will be in the wedding. If we elope them if course they won't be in it but we will have a reception.

Do I have to invite the other people Lisa and John and their kids? Or can I just invite my 2 bosses and the kids? If I don't invite the others how do I do that politely?

* names have obviously been changed.

-------
I should clarify, they all tolerate each other. There would be no fighting though it will be a tad awkward for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I would NOT invite any of them....unless of course you want entertainment at the reception when everyone gets drunk, lol

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I have to invite my bosses and the two kids I nanny. They are considered part if my family but now you've given me a good reason to have booze!

Quoting Sassy762:

I would NOT invite any of them....unless of course you want entertainment at the reception when everyone gets drunk, lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Just invite your bosses. If they are separated, you can invite them separately and allow a "plus one" for them to bring a date. (Or not).
You dont have to invite the others, you don't know them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I have to agree with this. I wouldn't want any part of that at my wedding

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char-Bear
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I agree. I wouldn't want all that drama.

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

YOU want to get them drunk so they can hash everything out in public, LMAOOOOO

Okay....then please promise to video tape it all  and share with us, lol

Quoting Roxygurl:

I have to invite my bosses and the two kids I nanny. They are considered part if my family but now you've given me a good reason to have booze!

Quoting Sassy762:

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Plus 1 means they will bring their dates, the other half of this mess.

Quoting scperdomo:

Just invite your bosses. If they are separated, you can invite them separately and allow a "plus one" for them to bring a date. (Or not).

You dont have to invite the others, you don't know them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

You pick two other kids to be in your wedding and invite no one.

Of you invite the parents and their spouses as is typical protocol

You're not going to let any of your friends bring a date ? Your invites are only going out to specific people and if they are single - they just have to come that way? Typically people bring dates to weddings.

mommy2b215
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM
is it possible to just send an invitation to both of them minius the plus one option and since you want the kids in the ceremony they would get thier own little invitation asking them to flower girls, ring barriers..etc.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
All of my friends are married except for one and then this umm clusterfuck.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

You pick two other kids to be in your wedding and invite no one.

Of you invite the parents and their spouses as is typical protocol

You're not going to let any of your friends bring a date ? Your invites are only going out to specific people and if they are single - they just have to come that way? Typically people bring dates to weddings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)