• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I in the wrong?????

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have read several people saying children with severe special needs have no quality of life. My son is 5 yo is unable to talk, walk, feed him self. HOWEVER he is very happy he always has a smile on his face. He loves like no one else i have ever meet. He loves cuddles, but because he does not look like the normal you are use to he has less of a life.  He teaches my family everyday. I just wanted to say people who talk all about the "choice"  are some of the most judgemental people on here

btw i did not post anonymous

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I am pro-choice, and I pass no judgement on the decisions of others.  It's not my business.  It takes a very special person to care for a severely handicapped child.  I admire your abilty to do that.  I do not believe that it is something I myself could do.  Since I had my tubes tied many years ago, pregnancy is not something I have to worry about.  But considering that I know that I would not be able to meet the challenges of caring for such a child, I can assure you that if I had become pregnant and found out that there were severe abnormalities in the fetus, I would have terminated the pregnancy.   Each person needs to make her own decisions. I'm not saying I'm proud of the fact I couldn't care for a severely handicapped child - but I know myself and I have to be honest about it.  People can think what they like about women who choose to terminate a pregnancy for whatever reason - it isn't their life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)