Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Pick Our Vacation!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Send us on a vacation - where are we off to?

Options:

#1 - Staycation

#2 - Palm Springs

#3 - The local Mountains

#4 - Your write in option that I would love to hear about

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Every year we go away somewhere for our anniversary.  At first we would rotate between in/out of country, but since having our baby, we have been keeping it local until he can appreciate bigger trips a bit more. 

This year we were going to go to Disneyland for a few days, however, I am 14 weeks, I have been put on pelvic rest until my 20 week ultrasound and so we don't want to plan a trip where there is so much physical activity and count on it working out well.

With that, we have been having a really hard time figuring out where to go. So, I would love some help if you guys are bored!

Also, these are all we can think of, that are cost effective. We are buying a new car, and we are having a kiddo which will be a hefty cost to us due to being with private health insurance.

#1 - A Staycation.
Hotel: Paradise Point   
Activities: Padres Game (we love baseball, even if the Padres is all we get), Sea World, The Zoo, Sailing, Ferry to Coronado Island   really, there is a ton to do here that we don't typically do. My concern - the weather. May is hit or miss with regard to weather, so a bum weekend wouldn't be an amazing thing 

#2 - Palm Springs
Hotel: Rancho Las Palmas -or-  Desert Springs -or- Mission Hills Resort and Spa  
Activities: It will be warm, so, the pool is always an option, there is a zoo, an arieal tram, a wonderful children's museum, dinosaur museum, airplane museum. Joshua tree for hiking, a water park, shopping, yeah. Lots to do

#3 - Local Mountains

Hotel: VRBO cabin rental
Activities: Not much. There is a beautiful state park we love that has a small pond and hiking trails (but I will be 6 months pregnant and not sure about my pelvic rest fate, but the boys could always go while I hang out at the pond). There is a cute cafe for a couple of meals out, and there is an observatory. I worry this could be really boring, but it is also a beautiful area and cost effective, . 

#4 - Your write in suggestion

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

#3.........Local Mountains

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

#2.  Looks like lots to do, and you are close to medical help in case of emergency.  Plus who doesn't like a spa?

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Staycation!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Waait...these are all of the options!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Do the things at home you normally don't do.  You are close to your physician if needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM

We normally do everything :) 

Seriously though, I am not too worried about being close to a physican, I have just had spotting with too much activity during this pregnancy.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Do the things at home you normally don't do.  You are close to your physician if needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously though, I am not too worried about being close to a physican, I have just had spotting with too much activity during this pregnancy.  

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as you and the baby are safe I'd go to Palm Springs.  The pool would be good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Right? 

This is my vote, my husband is "meh" on this option, but hanging out near a pool, heading inside for a nap and then maybe an activity as it cools off sounds really nice.

He would be fine with it if I was like "okay, this is what I need", but I feel bad since it is a break for both of us.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as you and the baby are safe I'd go to Palm Springs.  The pool would be good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? 

This is my vote, my husband is "meh" on this option, but hanging out near a pool, heading inside for a nap and then maybe an activity as it cools off sounds really nice.

He would be fine with it if I was like "okay, this is what I need", but I feel bad since it is a break for both of us.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel bad.  This year should be about you.  Your going to be 6 mos.  you need to take it easy this year

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I may be sold 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel bad.  This year should be about you.  Your going to be 6 mos.  you need to take it easy this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)