Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for the pagans in our group.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I frequently say God Bless, or some other similar phrase.  Does this offend you or do you just go with th flow?  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope. I don't even take offense to merry christmas either. Most of us ( not all) don't get offended to any of that. Its called common courtesy..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Booga Booga Choo

Booga Booga Choo

I'm casting a spell on you

-Traditional Pagan Chant

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I go with the flow. I only take issue with the "i'll pray for you" or the proselytizing

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I mostly just roll with it. It's not a huge deal really. Unless, of course, someone gets all holy roller in your face with it. Some people I've seen will flip shit if you don't go in for it and start in with 'their' sayings and whatnot. I usually make my references to diety in plurals, and I've gotten some odd looks, but usually, people just roll with it. 

I'll never understand the need to argue the semantics. As long as they mean well and aren't being an asshole about it, I'm good with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting paganmommy4:

Nope. I don't even take offense to merry christmas either. Most of us ( not all) don't get offended to any of that. Its called common courtesy..

Thank you.  I really would hate to be offensive.

redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

That doesn't bother me because I have a God as well.

I only take issue to those who insist that my religion is wrong and they will "pray for my soul".

Keep it friendly and we are all good :)

FoxFire363
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

No, it's something said wishing somebody well. Now, I don't like the whole "I'll pray for you" if it's used in the context of praying for me to convert. I generally look at the intention behind the statement. If the intention is positive, then I'm not going to be offended. 

wolfqueen666
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

It doesn't bother me.  We say Bless you for sneezes, goddess bless for other things.  People know that my husband is a witch and that I'm a Pagan, so most of them don't make a big deal out of it.  What bothers me is when other people feel the need to try to convert me because they think the path I have chosen will "send me to hell".  Now that really irks me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting paganmommy4:

I don't want people forcing their religion on me.  I don't ever force mine on anyone else.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I've always loved the looks I get with the really hardcore buttheads who do the "You're going to hell" routine...especially when I tell them I'm not likely to end up in a place that we have no belief in. Kinda like actually ending up in Narnia. LOL

Quoting wolfqueen666:

It doesn't bother me.  We say Bless you for snesses, goddess bless for other things.  People know that my husband is a witch and that I'm a Pagan, so most of them don't make a big deal out of it.  What bothers me is when other people feel the need to try to convert me because they think the path I have chosen will "send me to hell".  Now that really irks me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)