Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SDD is mad because I am letting my parents use her room when they visit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

Because she won't be here. She lives most of the time with her mom but visits here every other weekend. Before I married DH her room was the guest room but when they moved in, we made it her room. The furniture stayed the same but I let her pick our a younger looking comforter set that still matched the curtains and paint so that the original set still worked in the room.

Anyway, she is going home tonight (usually she stays till sunday but her little brother (her mom's son) is being baptized tomorrow so obviously, she will want to go to church with them (we go to a different church).

So I asked her to strip the bed. She asked "why" I said remember my parents are visiting next week, they will be sleeping in there. She said I don't want old people doing it in my bed, she said they are (my kids names) grandparents why don't they give up their rooms? I told her because they will be here, she won't so it doesn't make sense for them to give up their rooms so that mom and dad can sleep there while there is a room standing empty. 

I also told her as far as them doing it in that bed, what they do is non of their business (not to mention nothing I want to think about) but since they always have stayed in that room, before I even married DH, when they visited, they have been doing it in that bed long before it was hers so she can get over it. She said she is never sleeping in that bed again, I rolled my eyes and said "enjoy the floor then" and she stormed off, whatever, she will get over it.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

She is 14, I forgot to add that

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

What a brat.

redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see both sides of this. It is her space, but she should be willing to give up her room for guests. Especially since she won't be there.

There were plenty of times when I slept on the couch because we had guests.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
wow what a brat
She will get over it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

She'd better get to building that bridge because she's just gonna have to get the hell over it.

Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

lmao!!

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

LOL! Old people doing it in her bed... She'll completely forget this in a couple of weeks when she comes back.

Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Right, I can see the annoyance, but hell, we didn't have a guest room when I was a kid. I got a king sized bed under the terms that my bedroom would be used as the guest room if we had guests. It was SUPER annoying, buuut it's what we did! I just roomed with my sister when grandparents were here.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I can see both sides of this. It is her space, but she should be willing to give up her room for guests. Especially since she won't be there.

There were plenty of times when I slept on the couch because we had guests.

katzmeow726
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I can see both sides.  It makes sense to use what was once the guest room for guests.

However, it is not a guest room anymore.  It's HER room.  Even if she isn't there, it's still her personal space.  Not to mention, at her age, privacy and personal space are HUGE.

sampson200
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
12 moms liked this

My mother would have given me the Look of Death if I even THOUGHT about speaking to her in that manner.

What a snotty 14 year old.

"Enjoy the floor then" was a perfect answer.

I would also let her know that if she is interested in paying rent on the room, then she can have some say as to what it is used for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured