Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GAH shut up about it already!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

iv seen a couple posts about the renaissance fair lately but idc im going to add to it. on fb i have one of my friends as a close friend (which means whenever the post ANYTHING it pop up in my notifications) anyway so its a month before to southern cali renaissance fair and my friend is going NUTS!!!! ren fair this ren fair that, blahdie blahdie bladie blah, i get it shes excited that her son gets to interact this year, he's going to be knighted,he's getting his first kilt, and my friend is genuinely excited that her son is able to do all of this this year, but my god every day "i cant wait for the fair!!", "HUZZAH monkeys kilt just got here","3 weeks until the fair" and its not just this year, its every year the fair comes around its the ONLY thing she talks about...next year it'll be worse because she's actually going to be working there. i dont want to block her because shes my best friend but shes getting a little annoying right now

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

bump

FoxFire363
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Just hide her statuses. I love ren faires btw. My son got his first kilt last year, he was less than a year old, lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Then don't read her updates.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting FoxFire363:

Just hide her statuses. I love ren faires btw. My son got his first kilt last year, he was less than a year old, lol. 

i dont want to miss pictures, if i hide her statuses it hides everything,but year her ds is almost 2 but she didnt want to get him a kilt last year because he was sleeping and in the stroller all day pretty much

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't read her updates.

i have like 40 friends and shes pretty much the only one who updates daily, kinda hard not to see them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I agree with hiding her status from your newsfeed. You could do this every year around this time, then add her back when it's over.
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

yawns I mean its so sad people cannot control themselves and avoid people that annoy them

sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I love Faire, but I don't go that much out about it and I used to work it.   Maybe she should go to other faire's like in Escondido, and San Diego or even travel up to Northern Faire so its not just a once in a year thing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Quoting sorcha1945:

I love Faire, but I don't go that much out about it and I used to work it.   Maybe she should go to other faire's like in Escondido, and San Diego or even travel up to Northern Faire so its not just a once in a year thing?

she cant go that far since her df works all week except sundays, i'l see if she'll take me to the northern cali one, i just have to see when it starts lol shes comes up here a lot to visit her moms family

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

You can limit what you see from her, so you can see what you want to. I've done it with half of the people on my friend list!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)